lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2018, 09:14 PM   #1
Joatmony2k
Getting Wild

Default 2005 DS club car issue

2005 DS 48 volt club car

I have tried to help my neighbor out with his club car DS you can drive it and ever once in a while it would just slow down like the battery is going low and then it would just take off like it was nothing wrong. The battery's are good the connections are good and also have new cables. This issue was like this before I change the cables and also I change the MCOR because it tested bad at the controller.

The cart sometimes would just stop and after several time of hitting the peddle and moving the F/R it would start running again. I have check all wires from front to back and could not fine any issues. I have check the F/R and it looks good I even took it apart and check the pads for any burn marks but it look good.

Could someone shed some light as to what I could look at to figure this out?
Joatmony2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2018, 11:08 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2005 DS club car issue

Have you retested since installing the new MCOR? It sounds like there is still an issue there. If it was the speed sensor it would not stop, just go into Limp mode. If it was the solenoid, it would not make it slow down and then speed back up. The next issue would be controller or......?
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 01:23 AM   #3
Joatmony2k
Getting Wild

I have test after the MCOR was install and all was good. I told him to take it and that I drove it for to days and it did fine. Two days after that he came and told me that it did the same thing again. I don't know where to look any more.

The MCOR was change out twice once with one form Amazon and I thought it may had issues so I got one from Revolution Golf Cars and it is doing the same thing.

I thought it may have been an issue with the solenoid but it does not get hot and I tested it and it test good. I have hope to get it to do it and I was going to jump it out and see what happens but I can't get it to do it again yet.
Old 09-28-2018, 06:43 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

It could be a myriad of things, but as I mentioned above, if not the MCOR, speed sensor or solenoid, it tends to make me think a motor (brushes) or controller issue. One thing is for sure, you need it to be in a problem state to be able to test it.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 07:17 AM   #5
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Motor over hearing, are the brakes too tight?
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 07:46 AM   #6
Joatmony2k
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
It could be a myriad of things, but as I mentioned above, if not the MCOR, speed sensor or solenoid, it tends to make me think a motor (brushes) or controller issue. One thing is for sure, you need it to be in a problem state to be able to test it.

That is what I have been trying to get it to do it when I have it.
I did not mention I pull the motor and check the brushes and all look good inside. I’m leaning toward the controller right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2018, 08:16 AM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since you mentioned taking the FNR apart and checking for burn marks, I assume this is a Series cart.

Do You remember if the Solenoid was clicking when the cart did not run?

The issue could be in the micro-switches, specifically the reduced speed reverse , which is #3 in the wiring below.

You can try by-passing that circuit by removing the wires from micro-switch #3 and connecting the Green and White wires together.

That will provide full speed forward and reverse.

Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 01:43 PM   #8
Joatmony2k
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Since you mentioned taking the FNR apart and checking for burn marks, I assume this is a Series cart.

Do You remember if the Solenoid was clicking when the cart did not run?

The issue could be in the micro-switches, specifically the reduced speed reverse , which is #3 in the wiring below.

You can try by-passing that circuit by removing the wires from micro-switch #3 and connecting the Green and White wires together.

That will provide full speed forward and reverse.

Yes the solenoid did click but the cart would not move and I did by pass the #3 micro switch and still got the same issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2018, 01:44 PM   #9
Joatmony2k
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Motor over hearing, are the brakes too tight?

The motor is not hot and it sometime will do it straight out of his shed. The brakes are very loose so I don’t think it is that. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2018, 05:27 AM   #10
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

If it were me, I would try changing the solenoid..It is the one item that takes the most abuse electrically and solves a lot of head scratching intermittent problems that I have read on this forum..If it is dropping out it would make the cart slow down and then speed up again when it it makes contact..If it doesn't solve your problem at least you will have a spare that you will need sooner or later..
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car