lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2018, 02:24 PM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Txt charging issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digguy1966 View Post
Ok I am getting a charge with my buddies powerwise now. It did not work before as this was the first thing I tried. I have the identical charger. I can’t explain why but who knows. I tested my charger according to a you tube video with a multimeter on several different points. Obviously I missed something although I did replace the circuit board..
so my charger just clicks when I plug it in.... talk about frustrating!
Any ideas on that?
If your buddies charger works and yours doesn’t but does click your transformer or another part is dead.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2018, 07:51 PM   #12
Digguy1966
Not Yet Wild

It’s a Powerwise 28115 GO4 36v
Digguy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 07:38 PM   #13
Digguy1966
Not Yet Wild

I will look into the transformer and whatever else it could possibly be if it’s not that.. will get back
Thank you
Old 11-13-2018, 09:11 PM   #14
Digguy1966
Not Yet Wild

After going over the charger with a fine toothed comb I found that one of the two wires that come from the transformer was pretty much broken except a few strands of wire inside the plastic casing itself. Found a flimsy spot and opened it up... the few strands maybe carried enough current when I tested with the multimeter but couldn’t handle the full power of being plugged in for charging...
soldered a new piece back in and is charging the cart fine now. Thanks for your help. I was starting to lose my mind with it. I need to be a bit more thorough in checking things....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO