lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2018, 05:54 AM   #1
John1571a
Not Yet Wild

Default Need wiring diagram for 1985 36V EZGO Marathon

Hi there! I consider myself a handy guy and have wired up alt of things, but this cart has me stumped. I have been looking everywhere for a wiring diagram for a 1985 EZGO marathon. I purchased this cart from a guy who, claimed had the batteries stolen out of it. My neighbor helped me to get it running. It went around the block three times and then never ran again. We thought it was a bad wire. I have replaced out the majority of the wires with fresh new ones. I Have tested it all back to the after market speed controller and the throttle assembly with the swiper. I have seen multiple online diagrams that show different wiring setups for the solenoid assembly. I am plain lost. Please help.
John1571a is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2018, 07:11 AM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Need wiring diagram for 1985 36V EZGO Marathon

Here's one. Seems like a lot of red wires, but I just colored them as they were labeled.

*edit...sorry I just realized this is the Electric EZGO forum, the diagram I had was for gas carts.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 12:24 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Sounds like you have a 1985 Marathon (which was a resistor type drive) that has been retrofitted with a speed controller type drive, so what you are looking for is the installation instructions that came with the controller conversion kit.

If the previous owner cannot provide that documentation, suggest you contact ScottyB at carts unlimited. http://www.cartsunlimited.net/conversion-kits.html
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:55 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

I also have a 1985 Marathon that the batteries were stolen out of. It's a resistor cart and they cut all of the wires out of it too.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 02:29 PM   #5
Brandonmorris44
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Sounds like you have a 1985 Marathon (which was a resistor type drive) that has been retrofitted with a speed controller type drive, so what you are looking for is the installation instructions that came with the controller conversion kit.

If the previous owner cannot provide that documentation, suggest you contact ScottyB at carts unlimited. http://www.cartsunlimited.net/conversion-kits.html
I have a 89 ezgo 36v resistor cart I need wiring diagram for would y’all happen to have it? It’s currently accelerating without touching the pedal in either fwd or reverse and regardless to if key is on or off
Brandonmorris44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 02:46 PM   #6
coosa
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonmorris44 View Post
I have a 89 ezgo 36v resistor cart I need wiring diagram for would y’all happen to have it? It’s currently accelerating without touching the pedal in either fwd or reverse and regardless to if key is on or off
That sounds like an exciting ride. :)

I have a piece of plywood covering a hole in the side of my cabin caused by an 84 resistor cart that suddenly decided to go and I couldn't stop it. Strange things can happen with a resistor cart, and most of the problems I had over the years went back to the board and wiper. These items just wear out and I think it's best to just replace them often like you would points and plugs in an older car. The micro switches can also make one do strange things.

There is a sticky at the top of the page that has a resistor cart wiring diagram. Does that not cover what you need? Good luck to all of you working with resistor carts.
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo 1985
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO