lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2019, 09:22 AM   #1
catfishjn69
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default x1 875

new guy here wanting some info. i just got a ezgo xi 875, with no charger. wondering if i could pick your brains a little. the cart had 8 6v batteries in series. the data plate showed it was a 36v system. i converted it back to 36 volt
hooked up my 3 bank minnkota charger from my bass boat( 3banks 10 amp/bank) have got the batteries to 6.6v. i can drive it everything seems fine except the power guage/ horn/ lights dont work. so i think i am good to go for now.
but any ideas why they would have had this set up for 48 volts.
the controller is an altrax modelaxe4844p 24-48v
motor is GE 5bc48jb870 36v
cart serial number 11164
mnufacturing code j1192

also what do you recomend for a charger the minnkota took 20 hours to bring it up from 3v to the 6.6 v so not to bad i figure it will work for now

any input would be greatly appreciated
thanks
Jeremy
catfishjn69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2019, 09:44 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: x1 875

Welcome to BGW
The 36v series motor will produce 33% more speed and torque on 48v. This is why many owners opt for the higher voltage.
Golf Cart batteries need 10% of their amperage capacity delivered in the initial or bulk replenishment. For a 6v battery this is around 20 amps. Using a lower amperage charger will leave the heavy elements stuck on the plates or stratified on the cell floor ( not active in the water )

One option is here > http://www.cartsunlimited.net/yewy-1...t-charger.html
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:31 AM   #3
catfishjn69
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

would it be ok to hook the 2 other batteries and run 48v with the parts that are on there?
or will it screw something up?
it does seem to have a square charging plug on the floor board and a ac plug by the shifter not sure what is going on there
does the charger have different ends?
thanks
Old 01-02-2019, 11:14 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The alltrax is 36 or 48 volts. Check the solenoid is 48v rated. If yes go for it. Seems that is what the previous owners were doing with the 8/6v. I have this set up in my industrial cart

Sounds like it may have an on-board charger? AC plug ?
Otherwise the UY chargers have a bunch of adapters available for whatever you need.
The DPI chargers come with many different plugs too.
Good luck and have fun
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 06:30 PM   #5
catfishjn69
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

the plug went to a small schauer charger output 48volts 2.5 amps
the other plug says anderson looks like sb50 from the link you sent me for a charger
the solenoid is a:
white rogers R6M.
type 586-11711-6 36v cont
so i am assuming they were over powering the 36 v solenoid and running it with 48v
so would you suggest switching solenoids if i want to run 48v?
thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO