lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2019, 03:56 PM   #1
NLaudy
Not Yet Wild

Default Finished Wiring but will not work (with video)

The cart is a 2000 Club Car DS and I just installed the following:

- Alltrax XCT 500 PowderDrive Plus / Regen 2
- 2GA wiring throughout and 10ga replaced the F1/F2 wires.
- 400 Amp Solenoid
- Diode
- FSIP High Torque Motor, Club Car Sepex
- Lester Summit II Battery Charger
- New Key Switch

So I got done wiring/hooking everything up and wanted to test it before putting everything back together. When I turn the key on and turn the tow switch to Run it doesn't do anything/make noise. Doesn't matter if it is in neutral, reverse, or forward. Also doesn't have any lights on the controller. When I go back to the controller and I move the OBC bypass around it seems like the cart temporarily clicks on then shuts right off. The Alltrax controller light even comes on green for a split second. For the heck of it I turned the key off and left the tow switch in the Run position and it does the same thing. If I turn tow mode on it seems to cut all power and moving the obc wire around produces no results.

I am totally confused on what is happening here and have been through the wiring diagram up and down to the point I feel like I could repeat the colors and locations back to you.

I took a quick video and posted it on Youtube so you could see what is happening. I am guessing it is probably an easy fix for the smart people but I am beyond frustrated and do not think I am thinking straight anymore so it is time to step away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR5RNZa2Ne0
NLaudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2019, 04:05 PM   #2
NLaudy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Finished Wiring but will not work (with video)

Also, this is the wiring diagram. I have removed the OBC and the second solenoid.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg regen2.jpg (154.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-17-2019, 04:21 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Don't know if it matters with that controller, but is the diode situated the right way?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 04:23 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Was that a solenoid click I heard in the video? Do you get a status light on the controller?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 04:36 PM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That OBC by-pass looks very suspicious, it is like the jumper wire is not making contact with the OBC connector.

In that RegenII system the OBC directly powered the cart logic system, solenoid, etc.

If You no longer have the OBC in order to re-use the male deutsch 6-pin connector, I would suggest you cut the white and blue wires and add a 10 amp fuse between them.

That will allow the white wire to safely power the cart logic system when the Tow/Run is on Run.

You can also just connect the Blue and White wires together at the OBC and add the 10 amp fuse on the Red/White wire at the Solenoid big post.

Edit: Please raise one of the rear wheels off the ground in case the cart suddenly takes off at full speed!
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 05:52 PM   #6
NLaudy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Was that a solenoid click I heard in the video? Do you get a status light on the controller?

Yeah Tahoe that is the Solenoid clicking and the controller light turns green for a split second then all power goes off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2019, 05:52 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLaudy View Post
Yeah Tahoe that is the Solenoid clicking and the controller light turns green for a split second then all power goes off.

Can you plug a Windows based computer into it and connect to the Alltrax software?

Old 01-17-2019, 05:54 PM   #8
NLaudy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Can you plug a Windows based computer into it and connect to the Alltrax software?

I can definitely try that. Will the windows computer power the AllTrax to pull what it needs?

Old 01-17-2019, 05:54 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLaudy View Post
I can definitely try that. Will the windows computer power the AllTrax to pull what it needs?

Yes

Old 01-17-2019, 06:02 PM   #10
NLaudy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
That OBC by-pass looks very suspicious, it is like the jumper wire is not making contact with the OBC connector.

In that RegenII system the OBC directly powered the cart logic system, solenoid, etc.

If You no longer have the OBC in order to re-use the male deutsch 6-pin connector, I would suggest you cut the white and blue wires and add a 10 amp fuse between them.

That will allow the white wire to safely power the cart logic system when the Tow/Run is on Run.

You can also just connect the Blue and White wires together at the OBC and add the 10 amp fuse on the Red/White wire at the Solenoid big post.

Edit: Please raise one of the rear wheels off the ground in case the cart suddenly takes off at full speed!

Sergio, thanks for the info. I went up and down that bypass guide and confused myself many times. Currently I have the blue/white wires soldered together after the connector and all the other wires removed.

In order to bypass the connector can I cut the blue and white wires where I have the screw driver pointed then add the fuse in between them? If I do that do I just tape up the other 4 wires that were on the connector?

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car