lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2019, 01:54 AM   #21
ycis
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: top speed disappointing?

well, if the top speed in a vaccum and perfect conditions is only 21mph...i cant really cry about seeing 18 on level ground with my wife and kid along for the ride! (im also 6'2 250...and the cart has heavy duty front and rear springs..as well as a non flip type rear seat kit on it...so weight may be the biggest factor of all the ones listed above.

certainly not going to bother chasing 3mph...and ill simply upgrade the motor when the original one dies!

thanks again for all the replies!
ycis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2019, 06:29 AM   #22
Roy Gurley
Gone Wild

Club Car

Location: Retired and live in small town of Timberlake, North Carolina

also keep eye on air pressure on your tires.....I've notice if my pressure drops to about 15 lbs or so I loose about 4-5 mph on top speed!
Roy Gurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 03:55 PM   #23
ycis
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

104..ill check the pressure next time i take it for a spin thanks!
ycis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 03:11 PM   #24
bighanded
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycis View Post
well, if the top speed in a vaccum and perfect conditions is only 21mph...i cant really cry about seeing 18 on level ground with my wife and kid along for the ride! (im also 6'2 250...and the cart has heavy duty front and rear springs..as well as a non flip type rear seat kit on it...so weight may be the biggest factor of all the ones listed above.

certainly not going to bother chasing 3mph...and ill simply upgrade the motor when the original one dies!

thanks again for all the replies!
yeah I'd be happy if I were you...I'm 6'1, 225ish running a 2002PDS sepex so still pushing the original motor with 36v through an alltrax 400..limiter bumped to 6400rpm. 23 tires, big wide offroad profile tread, full length roof with rear flipdown seat, extra 12volt accessory battery, etc. plenty of weight.
2ga wires let me hold speed at 15 up mild hills on pavement with 2 adults...top speed with a bit of downhill is 24mph ..and even before the Alltrax with just a curtis 300 with freedom jumper..that was all the cart was going to do downhill...and brother...that's fast enough for me.
bighanded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 04:09 PM   #25
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycis View Post
104..ill check the pressure next time i take it for a spin thanks!
Going through the same troubleshooting for the same reason. 48V TXT. Was running about 16MPH when I bought the cart for only about 3 miles. New batteries and Im running 18.6-18.8 in South florida where its flat as paper.

Had Bob Boyce stop by on a trip and program and he said he was reading low voltage battery. Was still running 18.8 after Bob's programming. My wife hadn't seated the plug in right the night before so I attributed to that and why batteries were measuring low. Bob recommended I swap out to 2 gauge cable anyways.

I tackled that and swapped out last weekend. Still running 18.6-.18.8. And this is with 3 small kids on board and myself or by myself. Weight doesn't seem to affect the top speed.

Just spoke to Bob and he suggested clamping some alligator clips on my meter and connecting to the + and - on solenoid and running the cart around and seeing what voltage does. Compare that to pack voltage doing same thing. If solenoid reads less, I may have a bad solenoid.

Im basically trying to find where my amps are being choked. Think hose being kinked. The flow of electricity is getting slowed down before it hits the motor.
geoffarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 08:02 AM   #26
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Very good explanation Geoff
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:30 AM   #27
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Bob happened to be coming through my area end of last week and gave me a call to see if I was still experiencing top speed issues which i was.

He of course offered to stop by and see what we can do and even had a spare controller had that been the issue. You know you're getting the best when Bob gets his hands on your cart.

Anyways, issue ending up being programming that didn't stick or take on the last trip. Freedom mode was not on. I thought it may be programming as my top speed of 18.6 was the same with just me on the cart or the whole family. It was obvious the controller was limiting speed.

Anyways, quick hookup to handheld programmer and Bob let her rip. Was running 22.5-23 with Bob myself and 3 small kids on the back. Played with the regen breaking and didn't make it quit so aggressive (For those thinking of doing this, set it more aggressive than less. Its kinda of nice not to have to tap the brake much to come to a stop especially when you get going 24 MPH)

All in all, a great hour spent with Bob dialing her in and super happy with performance. Ran around all day yesterday and left my buddy in his Club Car in the dust. The new top speed is perfect to not feel like your holding up traffic in a 30 MPH area and great on the long straight aways with no stop signs for a couple blocks. She needs room to get there but once she gets theres its smooth. Also, got a little more noticeable pep off the line.
geoffarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:31 PM   #28
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffarias View Post
Bob happened to be coming through my area end of last week and gave me a call to see if I was still experiencing top speed issues which i was.

He of course offered to stop by and see what we can do and even had a spare controller had that been the issue. You know you're getting the best when Bob gets his hands on your cart.

Anyways, issue ending up being programming that didn't stick or take on the last trip. Freedom mode was not on. I thought it may be programming as my top speed of 18.6 was the same with just me on the cart or the whole family. It was obvious the controller was limiting speed.

Anyways, quick hookup to handheld programmer and Bob let her rip. Was running 22.5-23 with Bob myself and 3 small kids on the back. Played with the regen breaking and didn't make it quit so aggressive (For those thinking of doing this, set it more aggressive than less. Its kinda of nice not to have to tap the brake much to come to a stop especially when you get going 24 MPH)

All in all, a great hour spent with Bob dialing her in and super happy with performance. Ran around all day yesterday and left my buddy in his Club Car in the dust. The new top speed is perfect to not feel like your holding up traffic in a 30 MPH area and great on the long straight aways with no stop signs for a couple blocks. She needs room to get there but once she gets theres its smooth. Also, got a little more noticeable pep off the line.
Hey there Geoff

Don't forget to order a new 200A or larger 48V solenoid from ScottyB. Those new open solenoid and welded solenoid errors logged indicated that the solenoid is problematic, and I feel that may have been what corrupted the controller settings. We don't want that to happen again. I'm just glad that we found the issue and were able to correct it.

I drove through that storm cell with the tornados as it passed through. I had not been notified of it, all I knew was the winds were blowing the tractor trailers hard enough to make the trailers lean. I had to follow close enough behind one to keep it in sight since the rain was coming down so hard that I could not even see the traffic lanes. I finally made it home late yesterday evening. Only then did I see the news about the storms and the damage done/lives lost.

Bob
Old 03-04-2019, 07:42 PM   #29
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Yeah, yesterday was "fun". We had to drive a short distance in it. Highway speed must have been a blast.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:13 PM   #30
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Yeah, yesterday was "fun". We had to drive a short distance in it. Highway speed must have been a blast.
We were down to under 40 MPH on the interstate. I was in your area for a while. On my last pass through on the way back from FL, I had stopped by the doctors house and retweaked his L6 to his wifes liking. I would have called you, but I apparently do not have your cellphone number saved in my cellphone.

I went to visit jkpinatl to tweak his L6. The were cars in the driveway and the lights were on, but there was no answer at the door. I had been trying to call him for 4 days and his cellphone had been off. There was no response from pressing the the Ring doorbell button. I'm concerned about him.

I stopped at his friends place to see if he had heard from him. His friend told me that he should be at home. With the bad weather, I decided to get back on the road and get home.

Bob
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO