lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2019, 11:25 AM   #11
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Anyone in the North Austin, TX area know how to wring an Alltrax XCT500IQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeusmotorworks View Post
The two different ways to wire it must’ve been what’s going on. I will go downstairs and take a look at it in a little bit. As for the resister, one absolutely did not come in the box from Scotty B. I guess it should have. Where or how do I get that post haste? And can I use the stock resister off the stock solenoid to get me by? I do have the FN so I can turn regen down, but don’t want to be dead in the water waiting on something I should have already had. I have a Mastiff waiting for her normal trips to the lake (carts her transport).
Call scottyb if you got it from him. That is a 400a solenoid so your stock OEM diode is too small. You need a 3amp diode for it.

The OEM "resistor" was for pre-charge only and you will not be using it.

Please do not confuse resistor for diode, they are two totally different mechanisms... In simplest terms, a resistor will allow a small amount of energy flow in either direction and a diode will block it in one direction.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2019, 12:26 PM   #12
Zeusmotorworks
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Anyone in the North Austin, TX area know how to wring an Alltrax XCT500IQ

Maybe my misunderstanding is what I have and where it goes. I have a small diode that I put on the small posts of the solenoid. Should this be on the back two or the larger posts? If so is anything supposed to be on the front as this is the only diode (anything of the like) that came with the kit? Pics attached.

Controller:
I have F2 on the motor (blue) to J7
F1 on the motor (orange) to J8
A2 from the motor to J9
A1 from the motor and negative side of solenoid to B+
Negative from the battery and negative from the cart wiring harness to B-

Solenoid:

Positive side:
battery Pos
Pos from same harness as neg that went to B-
Hot wire from harness that has small posts and run/tow switch

Negative side:
Cable from B+
Zeusmotorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:34 PM   #13
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Maybe my misunderstanding is what I have and where it goes. I have a small diode that I put on the small posts of the solenoid That is your coil suppression diode and is correct there. Should this be on the back two or the larger posts? If so is anything supposed to be on the front as this is the only diode (anything of the like) that came with the kit? Pics attached. You need the Regen diode that ~should have came with your Alltrax Kit to connect to the 2 large posts. Did you look at the link me and BBBHC sent you in our posts? (Alltrax controller both diodes) It showed you exactly how they went.

Controller:
I have F2 on the motor (blue) to J7 Ok
F1 on the motor (orange) to J8 Ok
A2 from the motor to J9 Ok
A1 from the motor and negative side of solenoid to B+ Ok
Negative from the battery and negative from the cart wiring harness to B- Ok

Solenoid:

Positive side: You mean battery side, correct?
You want to swap the suppression diode orientation as mentioned above. It is in numerous posts with the link to see it.

battery Pos
Pos from same harness as neg that went to B-
Hot wire from harness that has small posts and run/tow switch

Negative side: You mean controller side, correct?
Cable from B+
You have wires and a washer under the large posts on the solenoid. You need to place the large cable lug on first (higher load) so it is in direct contact with the metal plate, then all the wires on top in accordance to size, then place your flat and lock on top.

Again, be sure to look at this post.... http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1557532
Old 03-08-2019, 12:41 PM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The diode on the solenoid is backwards, do not power the cart!

The diode side with the stripe goes towards the light blue wire.

The blue/white wire is the negative activation and goes to the solenoid side without the stripe.

The Regen diode gets installed with the stripped end connected to the Solenoid big post that goes to the pack positive battery post.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:49 PM   #15
Zeusmotorworks
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The diode on the solenoid is backwards, do not power the cart!

The diode side with the stripe goes towards the light blue wire.

The blue/white wire is the negative activation and goes to the solenoid side without the stripe.

The Regen diode gets installed with the stripped end connected to the Solenoid big post that goes to the pack positive battery post.
So I’m confused, the positive from my battery and everything is on the same side of the solenoid as the blue white wire this is how it was on the stock solenoid. You’re saying I have the diode reversed? I thought both sides, small post and large post were positive and both sides on the right, small post and large post were negative. I say that knowing the solenoid itself is not necessarily polar. Just a pass-through.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:54 PM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
So I’m confused, the positive from my battery and everything is on the same side of the solenoid as the blue white wire this is how it was on the stock solenoid. You’re saying I have the diode reversed? I thought both sides, small post and large post were positive and both sides on the right, small post and large post were negative. I say that knowing the solenoid itself is not necessarily polar. Just a pass-through.
The small post "positive" is designated when you place the diode "stripped" side on it.

The way you have it now the diode will explode as soon as You power the cart since it is forward biased.

You can keep your wires where they are if that is your preference, just flip the diode around to make sure the side with the stripe is on the same post as the light blue wire.

Your F1 and F2 are also backwards, did you see my post about the two ways to properly connect it?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 01:13 PM   #17
Zeusmotorworks
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The small post "positive" is designated when you place the diode "stripped" side on it.

The way you have it now the diode will explode as soon as You power the cart since it is forward biased.

You can keep your wires where they are if that is your preference, just flip the diode around to make sure the side with the stripe is on the same post as the light blue wire.

Your F1 and F2 are also backwards, did you see my post about the two ways to properly connect it?
OK, made the changes as depicted in the picture attached. So looking at everything the last two issues I have are you and NoleFan4Ever are conflicting in the F1 F2 wires. I believe you are correct and I just need to switch the two at the controller.
Second thing is I’m screwed as no resistor was provided. Scottyb obviously removed the Allyrax stuff from the original box when he sent me this package deal (field mapped for the A4 and I guess FN2). The resister must have had been left out. I’m wondering if there someplace locally I can source one, as I really don’t want to cart down over the weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2E7C472F-B667-4C63-A791-98DA4B98A728.jpg (122.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 9883D263-880A-4E6F-A1FB-FEB9EFA59042.jpg (122.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-08-2019, 01:18 PM   #18
Zeusmotorworks
Getting Wild
Club Car

Crap, I keep saying resistor... mean "Regen Diode” for the big posts
Old 03-08-2019, 01:20 PM   #19
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

You must not have read all my post..... You need the large cable lugs on the bottom which means on the metal plate.

The orientation for your F1 & F2 looked ok to me since you had A1 and A2 where they were, but you hook it up as Sergio said so you are comfortable with your decision. If it runs in reverse, then you just swap F1 and F2 at the controller and it will be correct. As I posted originally to you, and spelled out how you could do it, the cable orientation can be ran either way in regards to A1/A2, but it has to orient with the F1/F2 or your switch will be backwards from what you select.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:26 PM   #20
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Crap, I keep saying resistor... mean "Regen Diode” for the big posts
A "Regen" diode which is a 6amp (6A6) 660v diode on the big posts with the striped or banded side on the battery pack post. (This is needed to protect the controller in a surge condition from the regenerative braking system with power loss) Check your parts stores for one.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car