lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2019, 01:33 PM   #21
Zeusmotorworks
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Anyone in the North Austin, TX area know how to wring an Alltrax XCT500IQ

I am a peon in this and defer to you folks knowledge... sorry if I'm coming across slow, but I'm seriously in information overload right now and GREATLY appreciate you folks time and effort in getting this sorted.

Maybe I sent the wrong pics, but swapped all the terminals to where heaviest gauge cables are on bottom. Less maybe the diode...

So looks like I may need to switch F1 and F2 IF the cart reverses when it should go forward.

Now I just need to source the "regen diode" for the big posts. Trying to get a hold of a local place where I got the cart.
Zeusmotorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2019, 01:48 PM   #22
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Anyone in the North Austin, TX area know how to wring an Alltrax XCT500IQ

As NoleFan4Ever mentioned the F1 & F2 wires if reversed would only cause the cart to move in the opposite direction as selected on the FNR switch.

That being said, I am sure about the information I posted

The Regen diode is not critical on the Precedent, I never did go back to install mine (and I probably use Regen brake way more than anyone else on this site), but if you put everything back in place without one, You going to end up like me and not feel like taking it apart again to get to the Solenoid.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 01:54 PM   #23
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
-snip-
That being said, I am sure about the information I posted
Lol! (me too in regards to taxes and dying)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 01:58 PM   #24
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeusmotorworks View Post
-snip-

Maybe I sent the wrong pics, but swapped all the terminals to where heaviest gauge cables are on bottom. The flat washer needs to be on top and sandwich the terminals, then the lock washer, and then the nut. Large cable should sit right on the metal plate of the solenoid)

So looks like I may need to switch F1 and F2 IF the cart reverses when it should go forward. (Let me and Sergio know so we can pick at each other )
More info...
Old 03-08-2019, 02:08 PM   #25
Zeusmotorworks
Getting Wild
Club Car

Well looks like I'm not going to get the 6amp 6A6 660v diode today... so I may be taking Sergio's advice in that it will be ok. However, I'd be lying if I said I was not nervous about it.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:11 PM   #26
Zeusmotorworks
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
More info...
Crap! Now I see the washers on the bottom... swear I have my glasses on! Will fix that!
Old 03-08-2019, 02:19 PM   #27
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You already missed Amazon same day shipping for Today, but if you have $35 worth of stuff to order You can get the diodes from Amazon tomorrow.

Look carefully inside the box and bag of parts from Scottyb, it would be unusual for him to have forgotten to put the diode in the package.

The mitigating factors where the Regen Diode prevents a problem would be extremely rare to happen on a Precedent.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:26 PM   #28
Zeusmotorworks
Getting Wild
Club Car

I tore the place apart looking for that diode. No luck whatsoever. Searched each box pulled each thing out of each box pulled all the packing out of each box, no dice! Tried searching 6amp 6A6 660v On Amazon and got zero hits. What do I need to search it under?
Old 03-08-2019, 02:27 PM   #29
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

If you looked at the picture in the link I gave you, it has the Regen Diode. I agree scottyb would not have removed it unless it fell out as Alltrax supplies it with their controller.

Here it is on the big lugs....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Solenoid with Diodes.jpg (73.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-08-2019, 02:36 PM   #30
Zeusmotorworks
Getting Wild
Club Car

Well I don’t believe Scotty left it out on purpose, I just know it wasn’t in the kit he packed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car