lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2019, 04:49 PM   #1
BamaAF
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2013 G29, upgraded to Riot Kit - no green LED on Alltrax

New to working on carts - original Hitachi motor was stuttering and surging and low power - thought it was battery so I upgraded all 6 (48V), got even worse - pulled motor and it was very burned - decided to bite bullet and upgrade to Riot Kit - got it all installed and now no LED light on controller -

Don from Plowmans Golf Carts has been great and after him walking me through trouble shooting (even on a weekend) - we think maybe it is a bad controller (Alltrax XCT48500) -- Going to call Alltrax Monday, but I am paranoid I have something connected wrong -

battery pack has 50+,
Run/Tow get's 50 on one side in Tow and both sides when in run)
all fuses (that I could find) check good
Battery side of solenoid has 50+ all times
Controller side of solenoid 50+ in run - in tow, it drops slowly
B+ of controller has same as controller side of solenoid
Can use ground of controller and it checks good
In run, the two small lugs on Solenoid have 50+

Nothing seems to change when I put in F or R or hit accelerator

Cart was running, just stuttering with bad motor when I upgraded

Only two wires I removed when upgrading was I cut off the ground from battery to original controller and replaced it with a seperate new ground and sandwiched it with the ground from motor to controller and I also replaced the positive battery to solenoid with a new wire - the original wire had what I learned was a pre-charge something and supposedly not needed in new setup (I don't really understand what it was)

Solenoid is not clicking, (or as Don said, this solenoid would be a loud clunk) - but from reading threads on this forum it sounds like even if it gets power, the computer would still communicate before it "clunked"

Anything else I can check to make sure it is the controller and not installer head space?

Tks
BamaAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2019, 08:13 PM   #2
Noneck
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2013 G29, upgraded to Riot Kit - no green LED on Alltrax

I can't help, but I did purchase an All Trax controller that was bad from the start. They replaced it under warranty. I wasn't thrilled with their procedure. They wanted me to ship it back before they would send a new one even though they confirmed it was defective. I ended up buying a second one on my credit card so they would ship it right away and then got a credit when they received the defective one back. I pulled my hair out over a whole weekend thinking I screwed up the wiring! Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 08:47 PM   #3
BamaAF
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
I can't help, but I did purchase an All Trax controller that was bad from the start. They replaced it under warranty. I wasn't thrilled with their procedure. They wanted me to ship it back before they would send a new one even though they confirmed it was defective. I ended up buying a second one on my credit card so they would ship it right away and then got a credit when they received the defective one back. I pulled my hair out over a whole weekend thinking I screwed up the wiring! Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I've gone over the wiring a hundred times trying to find my mistake - I saw some posts regarding checking the pins on the 26 pin connector - only way I can think to do that would maybe use a paperclip and then touch my lead to it, since my lead won't fit into hole

Another plug for Don Plowman at Plowmans Carts - he has been right there with me (on phone) the whole time and said that if Alltrax did not send one right away, he would personally send another priority and I could send the bad one back. Highly recommend Don
Old 03-17-2019, 03:48 AM   #4
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Do you have a computer to plug the Alltrax into? A printer cord can be used, once you download the Alltrax toolkit.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 07:35 AM   #5
BamaAF
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Do you have a computer to plug the Alltrax into? A printer cord can be used, once you download the Alltrax toolkit.

Going to store to get a printer cord after Church - have downloaded the Toolkit onto my laptop - if it comes on with the laptop, will that tell me that the controller is good?
Old 03-17-2019, 07:49 AM   #6
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaAF View Post
Going to store to get a printer cord after Church - have downloaded the Toolkit onto my laptop - if it comes on with the laptop, will that tell me that the controller is good?
Well... It might. It will give you a starting point to diagnose issues, at the very least. When you plug it in to your computer, if tool kit doesn't recognize it, and/or you don't get flashing lights, that would indicate a bad controller. However, that being said, you would want to contact Alltrax or where you bought it from, to make sure.

If it does come up on your computer, there is a screen that will have (I forget the term they use) warning flags. That will help in diagnosing some issues.

You will want the cord anyway. There might be issues that the computer will not help with in determining why it is not coming on. There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum. We'll help you get up and running.

In the mean time, if you can take some pictures of your wiring and post them, that may help too.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:58 AM   #7
BamaAF
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Well... It might. It will give you a starting point to diagnose issues, at the very least. When you plug it in to your computer, if tool kit doesn't recognize it, and/or you don't get flashing lights, that would indicate a bad controller. However, that being said, you would want to contact Alltrax or where you bought it from, to make sure.

If it does come up on your computer, there is a screen that will have (I forget the term they use) warning flags. That will help in diagnosing some issues.

You will want the cord anyway. There might be issues that the computer will not help with in determining why it is not coming on. There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum. We'll help you get up and running.

In the mean time, if you can take some pictures of your wiring and post them, that may help too.
Thanks - will do; Yes, will need the cord anyway as it was set up (apparently working prior to shipment) for Driver 1 being my 82 year old mother as a normal cart, and Driver 2 wild and crazy driver (me), so will need to set it back to Mom after I test drive)

Will post some pictures - already taken them for troubleshooting with Don, just need to get them off phone onto the laptop

Also trying to find some of the post I read earlier about checking pins on the 26 pin cable - I saw something earlier about checking for pwr on certain pins and if pwr, and no light, it meant bad controller --- BUT

late last night I saw something about if no "clunk" it was bad solenoid not controller - that concerned me even more
Old 03-17-2019, 08:09 AM   #8
BamaAF
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart1.jpg (161.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart 2.jpg (150.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart 3.jpg (147.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart 4.jpg (184.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart 5.jpg (147.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-17-2019, 08:13 AM   #9
BamaAF
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

More pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cart Pack.jpg (229.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart Positve Cable Removed with pre charge thing.jpg (112.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-17-2019, 08:14 AM   #10
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1580511

Not sure how that link is going to show up. This is the first time I have attempted linking to a specific post in a thread. So in case it does not show what I think it will...

Do not let the printer cable ends touch any wire terminations when plugged into your controller. I would assume this also goes for your computer.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha