lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2019, 12:02 PM   #1
markp63698
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Star EV High Pedal Disable Fault Curtis 1268 code 1,4

Need help troubleshooting Star shuttle style cart with a Curtis Sepex 1268-5403 controller showing code 1,4 High Pedal Disable fault.

The cart has a 5k ohm to 0 k ohm rheostat accelerator. With the accelerator pedal fully released I measure 5 k ohm between pin 13 and 15, and 0 ohms with pedal depressed. I measure 1 k ohm between 13 and 14 when fully depressed.

Curtis handheld 1313-3301 dealer shows in monitor menu throttle at 43% when accelerator fully released and quickly moves to 100%. I cannot see the programming with my 1313 so guess I must have use and OEM level handheld.

Using the plot log feature of the Curtis 1313, I see the throttle goes from 43% to 100% with just slight pedal movement.

Is it related to programming which i cannot see with my Curtis 1313?

Any thoughts would be helpful.
markp63698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2019, 11:17 AM   #2
markp63698
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Star EV High Pedal Disable Fault Curtis 1268 code 1,4

Received this reply from Curtis Support. A New potentiometer is on order:

Hi Mark,

My name is xxxxxx and I am a customer support engineer for Curtis Instruments at Mount Kisco, NY. I saw your email below and your question regarding the 1268-5403 SepEx controller.

From the sound of it, you have a bad potentiometer or maybe the potentiometer is not wired correctly.

When you measure between pin 13 and pin 14, you are supposed to get the maximum resistance value of the potentiometer. Since you are measuring 1k ohm, it tells me the potentiometer is either bad or it’s connected incorrectly to the controller. Also the fact the throttle percentage jumps from 43% to 100% is another indication that it’s bad.

Please remove the potentiometer (if possible) and measure directly on the pot of the resistance reading. Make sure there isn’t a jump in resistance when measuring from the wiper to either pot hi or pot lo.

In the Curtis handheld programmer (with OEM level access), you can change how the controller sees the throttle at 0% and how the controller sees 100% and it will extrapolate the values in between. However, I can’t imagine it being set incorrectly at this moment.

I have attached the 1268 Manual for your reference, the throttle parameters starts on pg.20.

Let me know if you can figure out what’s wrong.

Thanks.
markp63698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 01:11 PM   #3
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Default Re: Star EV High Pedal Disable Fault Curtis 1268 code 1,4

the -5403 by default is looking for a throttle voltage range on the wiper to be between 0.5 and 4.5 (throttle 0% and throttle 100% values) The HPD triggers if the throttle input is over 20% prior to the pedal switch being engaged. I would agree and say its the accel, more specifically seems like its not tied to the pot low pin or theres some additional resistance between the accel neg and pot low pin.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO