lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2019, 10:07 AM   #1
JayB78
Not Yet Wild

Default G29 Full throttle shudder

Have a few questions on my new to me 2014 Yamaha G29, my batteries seem to be in decent shape, after fully charged and resting for 24hours are holding at 51.2v. The problem / issue I'm experiencing is only at fully throttle I get a slight shudder about every 5 seconds almost like I lose power to the motor for a split sec and it comes right back on. Not sure if this is how the governor works on this system? Anyone else experience this?

Also the gas pedal seems extremely sensitive almost like the pedal has about 2 inches of travel between 0 and 100% and when the pedal is at the half way point the cart is already at full power. Any kind of throttle calibration? Or maybe the throttle position sensor is at fault?

I've owned a CC precedent for the last 7 years so maybe this is just the nature of the Yamaha carts.

Thanks for any feedback!
JayB78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2019, 01:43 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G29 Full throttle shudder

The pedal situation is strange, but I would take off the "speed sensor" and see if the magnet is cracked.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 05:49 PM   #3
bdeer
Not Yet Wild

I had one that did the same thing at cruising speed. I took the motor apart and blew out all the dust with my air compressor and that fixed it.
bdeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:11 PM   #4
JayB78
Not Yet Wild

Smallblock, you we right the magnet looked fine so I put a new speed sensor on and both the pedal and top end issues are fixed. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

One thing I've noticed with this Yamaha cart is the lack of torque compared to my clubcar.

Don't see many reviews on the Navitas controllers? Looks like Alltrax is the more popular choice on this forum. I like the fact on the Navitas you can quickly change the settings and lock it for when the kids wanna go for a cruise.

Anyone have any feedback on the 440amp Navitas controller listed on Buggies unlimited?
Old 04-23-2019, 02:12 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Type "buggies unlimited" in the search button at the top of the page for a hundred reasons not to buy from them.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 07:55 AM   #6
JayB78
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the heads up cgtech I see what you mean. Looks like a alltrax XCT 500amp controller is in my future. One last question if I run this controller at 400amps to try to save the stock motor for as long as possible how much torque increase could I expect?

I have the Hitachi motor hoping the torque would then be close to my clubcar.
Don't really care about top speed just would like to be able to keep up with the kids in my old beat up CC president on our hilly property.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha