lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2019, 12:10 AM   #11
broncos1388
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1984 36V Marathon

Broke the nut free. I cut it off, damaged the bolt some. I think the wires to the bolt were broken in the process somewhere along the way. If it's too expensive I'm junking it and getting a gasser.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
broncos1388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2019, 12:27 AM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

2g cables won't do anything for a "resistor cart" (the part glowiig red), the resistors are the limiting factor. It might help with "full throttle power", but the wiper board will likely be next to fry. The way a resistor cart needs to be treated is misunderstood by most. Only use the first steps as little as needed. Get going, then migrate towards full throttle (where the resistors are bypassed, and full power is sent). The resistor cart hates "creeping around" at less than full speed. It "wastes the extra power" in the resistor coils when creeping around at low speed (and has been known to set a field on fire). This is why a stock "resistor" cart is really bad with upgrade motors, or lift kits and big tires.

[Fun times: I once parked a resistor coil cart with a welded solenoid (stuck on) over my air hose laying on the floor in the shop, it made enough heat to cause the air line to melt and burst, oops, now we have reels from the ceiling, which are great]
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 12:37 AM   #13
broncos1388
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
2g cables won't do anything for a "resistor cart" (the part glowiig red), the resistors are the limiting factor. It might help with "full throttle power", but the wiper board will likely be next to fry. The way a resistor cart needs to be treated is misunderstood by most. Only use the first steps as little as needed. Get going, then migrate towards full throttle (where the resistors are bypassed, and full power is sent). The resistor cart hates "creeping around" at less than full speed. It "wastes the extra power" in the resistor coils when creeping around at low speed (and has been known to set a field on fire). This is why a stock "resistor" cart is really bad with upgrade motors, or lift kits and big tires.
Any suggestions on how to get rid of the resistors and upgrade? This cart is extremely slow as well. 7mph is tops right now. I know they can go almost twice that with this motor.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:45 AM   #14
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncos1388 View Post
Any suggestions on how to get rid of the resistors and upgrade? This cart is extremely slow as well. 7mph is tops right now. I know they can go almost twice that with this motor.
ScottyB has full kits to do just this thing. www.cartsunlimited.net

But, if you only get 7mph, you have other problems.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:50 AM   #15
broncos1388
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
But, if you only get 7mph, you have other problems.
I'm thinking I need new batteries as well. I could buy a decent gas cart to start my build for about as much as I'm looking to spend on batteries and other parts.

Old 04-26-2019, 12:52 AM   #16
broncos1388
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
ScottyB has full kits to do just this thing. www.cartsunlimited.net
His prices are the best I've seen on electric motors anywhere. Too bad he doesnt have one for my 1984.

Old 04-26-2019, 12:56 AM   #17
cgtech

Yamaha

Why, you have the longitudinal axle? If you decide to try it, contact Luna Rebuilders, they do stuff for lots of things that "don't exist" anymore. Might be able to help for hard to find parts. Now days they are a branch of the evil Nivel empire, but they still have their shop for odd stuff. They used to do radiators and gas tanks for the unobtainable.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:00 AM   #18
broncos1388
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Why, you have the longitudinal axle? If you decide to try it, contact Luna Rebuilders, they do stuff for lots of things that "don't exist" anymore. Might be able to help for hard to find parts.
I think I can handle the brush kit. I'm not sure about that second part.

Old 04-26-2019, 01:02 AM   #19
cgtech

Yamaha

The ScottyB retrofit kit? If you fancy yourself doing brushes, you can bolt that in...
Old 04-27-2019, 12:57 AM   #20
broncos1388
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I got the motor off and took it apart. Brushes look worn uneven. I also broke another bolt even though I was super careful and used WD-40 and even let it soak and sprayed again before removal process. But this bolt is on the armature, and still connected to the wire. I think its salvageable. Any pointers? Anything else I might want to replace at this point?

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO