lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2019, 02:56 PM   #11
bthinerman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Smile Re: EZGO TXT Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
This could be why it's slow. Look on the charger and see what volts it is 36 or 48? Take some pictures of the controller and the batteries. Look on the motor and see what volts it says. The ser# will tell all. Tell us which drive system you have? PDS / Series / DCS

And no a 96 txt did not come in 48 volts. 48v started around 07 in the RXV, and around 2010 for the TXT. Ezgo has 4 drive systems. Started out - Series / DCS / PDS / AC Drive. - DCS system stoped around 1999. The PDS started in 2001.5 and up. AC Drive started around 2009 and up.
With that said- it is NOT a 48V, it must have had a body swap or decals. I bought it from a family who bought it from a dealer, which got it from a golf course. It was a maintenance vehicle, and those things are workhorses, so anything they could do to keep them alive is what they did. I will definitely check the serial and post pictures.
bthinerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2019, 08:12 PM   #12
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO TXT Problems

Advise reading stickies on battery maint. Along with looking at Scottie’s site for battery maint. Tips.
Until you know condition, not age of batteries then can you trouble shoot😊
Post charged battery pack voltage
Individual battery voltage once charged.
Also hydrometer reading of each battery😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:22 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthinerman View Post
With that said- it is NOT a 48V, it must have had a body swap or decals. I bought it from a family who bought it from a dealer, which got it from a golf course. It was a maintenance vehicle, and those things are workhorses, so anything they could do to keep them alive is what they did. I will definitely check the serial and post pictures.
Specialty vehicles (based on TXT platform & body) were built by ezgo with 48v systems long before the TXT48 existed. Vehicles like stretch carts for carrying loads, or lots of people. They were built in series, and sepex configurations.

I have converted several old 48v 6-pass carts to flat bed work trucks for various customers around town.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 03:27 PM   #14
bthinerman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Good afternoon,

So after taking apart literally the whole golf cart, I am 90% sure I found the issue. The connections to the controller are loose, and the plastic connections are melted. I have looked into an ALLTRAX SR48500 and a high speed high torque motor, and since the cart I have is to build and sell, buying both isn’t the most cost effective.

That’s where y’all come in- should I buy both? In your experience, has that helped in buying or selling a golf cart for a higher price than the others?
Old 05-14-2019, 09:24 PM   #15
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default EZGO TXT Problems

If you’re fixing it to sell, I would just go for the controller. You probably won’t get your money and time’s worth out of upgrading the motor.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:18 AM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Concur. But for the buyer's sake, I'd replace the motor bearing and at least clean the commutators and inspect the brushes. Instructions are in the Service Manual in the Stickies. Mine were fine on a fairly old motor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2289.jpg (405.8 KB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 08:39 PM   #17
bthinerman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Concur. But for the buyer's sake, I'd replace the motor bearing and at least clean the commutators and inspect the brushes. Instructions are in the Service Manual in the Stickies. Mine were fine on a fairly old motor.
In that case, I will just clean the motor and replace the controller.

Thanks for all of your help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO