lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2019, 01:11 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1999 EZ-GO XI875 won't run

Looks like the HPD box is false, so the controller is in global shutdown.

HPD stands for High Pedal Disable, which prevents the controller from working is the throttle isn't at 0% when it powers up. If the pedal wasn't on the floor when the picture was taken, than the throttle was at 100% when it ought to have been at 0%.

Measure the voltage on the black and white wires to the ITS sensor while they are plugged in to the controller. You should have 10V with the pedal up and 6V with pedal down.

Since both the high and low throttle underrange flags are set, the voltage between those two wires is most likely less than about 5V, giving you a continuous 100% signal to the controller, triggering the HPD shutdown.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pBLGsll.jpg (121.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2019, 01:19 PM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Try resetting Auto-Cal. I got the same alarms on my SR48500 when I was messing with throttle wiring while controller was powered up. Resetting fixed mine.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 02:33 PM   #13
ethanc
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post

HPD stands for High Pedal Disable, which prevents the controller from working is the throttle isn't at 0% when it powers up. If the pedal wasn't on the floor when the picture was taken, than the throttle was at 100% when it ought to have been at 0%.

Measure the voltage on the black and white wires to the ITS sensor while they are plugged in to the controller. You should have 10V with the pedal up and 6V with pedal down.

Since both the high and low throttle underrange flags are set, the voltage between those two wires is most likely less than about 5V, giving you a continuous 100% signal to the controller, triggering the HPD shutdown.
The pedal was on the floor when i took the screenshot, it reads 0% when not pressed. I am not showing any voltage between the white and black wires on the ITS sensor, regardless of if the pedal is pressed or not. What would be the cause of this? Also, I tried clearing Auto-Cal, but no success there.
ethanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 04:55 PM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

See if your cart has a 4 wire Molex connector on the cable from the throttle box to the wiring harness, usually located between the FNR and the controller/solenoid on a series TXT. Dunno if yours has this. It has two wires from the throttle MS and two from the ITS. It's a common problem with corrosion. If you have this, eliminate it and solder or butt splice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Molex.jpeg (254.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-21-2019, 07:49 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanc View Post
The pedal was on the floor when i took the screenshot, it reads 0% when not pressed. I am not showing any voltage between the white and black wires on the ITS sensor, regardless of if the pedal is pressed or not. What would be the cause of this? Also, I tried clearing Auto-Cal, but no success there.
Check the other end of the black and white wire, at the controller.

Possible causes:
1. Wiring fault between controller and ITS sensor.
2. Bad controller. (If you have 0V at the controller end also)
Old 05-22-2019, 12:28 PM   #16
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
See if your cart has a 4 wire Molex connector on the cable from the throttle box to the wiring harness, usually located between the FNR and the controller/solenoid on a series TXT. Dunno if yours has this. It has two wires from the throttle MS and two from the ITS. It's a common problem with corrosion. If you have this, eliminate it and solder or butt splice.
I just had the same problem too. The Molex that they use for that is crap. I spliced all four wires and got rid of the Molex. It worked for a while after I put contact cleaner on it but, then started to crap out again. I did butt splice with heat shrink wrap to fix it.
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:33 AM   #17
ethanc
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Check the other end of the black and white wire, at the controller.

Possible causes:
1. Wiring fault between controller and ITS sensor.
2. Bad controller. (If you have 0V at the controller end also)
I'm getting 0V at the controller between J4 and J5 (white & black). So the controller must be bad. Is there a place to rebuild Alltrax controllers? Or should I just break down and buy a new one?
ethanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:45 AM   #18
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:

Just a question,, since OP is about to rebuild/replace his controller.

Is it possible that a Global Shutdown would prevent controller from outputting any throttle voltage? Can a Global Shutdown be cleared?
Old 05-23-2019, 04:37 PM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanc View Post
1. I'm getting 0V at the controller between J4 and J5 (white & black). So the controller must be bad.
2. Is there a place to rebuild Alltrax controllers? Or should I just break down and buy a new one?
1. Contact Alltrax, they may have some tests or suggestions.

2. Alltrax controller are filled with a potting compound to make them waterproof and are not repairable.

--------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Just a question,, since OP is about to rebuild/replace his controller.

Is it possible that a Global Shutdown would prevent controller from outputting any throttle voltage? Can a Global Shutdown be cleared?
Have to call Alltrax for that answer.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:45 PM   #20
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
1. Contact Alltrax, they may have some tests or suggestions.

2. Alltrax controller are filled with a potting compound to make them waterproof and are not repairable.

--------------------------------

Have to call Alltrax for that answer.
That just makes too much sense.

They seem to have great after purchase service, from everything I've heard here. Luckily, I don't know.

Tags
ezgo 1999 not running
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO