lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2019, 08:31 AM   #21
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: AC0137 - Won't Move FWD or BKWD

In that system the A2 terminal was PWM (Pulse Width Modulated) to B- to provide the variable voltage/current to the motor.
Your MCOR test showed the controller is getting the proper throttle signal.

The Controller activating the Solenoid shows it is getting the proper interlock signals (charger, FNR, etc).

Having Voltage on A2 shows the Motor Armature winding is good (since that voltage comes from A1 across the Motor).
That indicates the Controller main driver FET is bad and the Controller needs to be replaced.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2019, 11:20 AM   #22
DavidTaylor
Not Yet Wild

OK... guess, I better start shopping for a Controller.. I appreciate all the feedback everyone has provided.
DavidTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 01:51 AM   #23
DavidTaylor
Not Yet Wild

Ordered a new controller from FSIP in PA. I decided to try out their FX302 controller and shelved the GE controller.

I had to drill and tap new mounting holes. Followed the supplied instructions and CC is back up and running again.

While I was waiting for the controller to arrive, I pulled the motor assembly and gave it a complete cleanup inside and out including a new paint job. The brushes hardly looked worn, so I reused them. Motor runs great.

Thanks for guiding me in the right direction. I just wonder if the OBC caused the controller to fail. I still have the OBC bypassed and I am leaning towards buying a smart charger instead of replacing the OBC. Any suggestions on that?
DavidTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 07:30 AM   #24
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

A smart charger is the best choice. Lester Summit II is the best
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car