lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2019, 05:58 PM   #31
LicEngr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2004 EZGO 36v TXT Series - Intermittent Stop and Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
That's probably what I'd do, then use six 8 volters at battery time. You'll end up with several throw away cables. You can double up 6 AWG cables and almost have the same ampacity as 2 AWG, if I remember correctly. Given the short lengths, you should be fine, if you still have your old ones. Easy to do 48 volts with one year old batteries and you'll be ready for six 8 volt batteries down the road. Probably need to adjust your max voltage, and get a good charger.

Great call using the old cables doubled. I probably need to verify that the cables I have are 6 AWG and that they will have the same ampacity doubled that the 2 AWG have.

BTW, a battery under the driver's side is really easy, but either way, you'll need to figure out how to route cables to minimize the need for new ones.
Probably will do just that with another one in the bag well. Hate to give up that storage though; my tool box, odds-n-ends and tow strap.
LicEngr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2019, 06:22 PM   #32
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LicEngr View Post

Great call using the old cables doubled. I probably need to verify that the cables I have are 6 AWG and that they will have the same ampacity doubled that the 2 AWG have.
6ga (0.0003951Ω/ft) cables doubled up is roughly equal to 3ga (0.0001970Ω/ft).
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 06:36 PM   #33
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LicEngr View Post
Probably will do just that with another one in the bag well. Hate to give up that storage though; my tool box, odds-n-ends and tow strap.
One under the driver leaves half of your bag well.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 06:39 PM   #34
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
6ga (0.0003951Ω/ft) cables doubled up is roughly equal to 3ga (0.0001970Ω/ft).
Assuming he has his original cables and they're in decent shape, I'd do that, for throw-away cables, since they will be too long for six 8 volt batteries. He'll likely face a lot of cables with 8 volt batteries, due to terminal locations.

Just an option, and that assumes he's as big a pack rat as I am.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO