lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2019, 04:46 PM   #1
netrave
Not Yet Wild

Default 2019 Onward - Alltrax 500amp losing speed

I have a 2019 Onward with a Alltrax XCT with a 3 switch FNKS controller on it.
2 gauge wires - upgraded solenoid.
400amp fuse.
D&D motor - 170-506-0002 (7144)

The cart has been running fine with everything. I had it sitting for about a month - then went to use it the past few days and it is losing speed only after a few minutes of riding it. Almost as if its either overheating or something is telling it to go slower. Its hard to explain its not just cutting off the speed. I got on it - it was moving at about 25mph then just dropped to about 9mph then even with it floored it just spirts faster for a few seconds then drops back down to like 15, it keeps fluctuating speed. Nothing has changed or been modified and was working fine for 5 months without ever having this issue. I looked visually at the batteries and wires and everything "looks ok" only thing i noticed is the RED wire from the batteries that goes to the controller / solenoid is getting super hot after 5 minutes of use... The fuse is not blown. I dont know if the fan in the controller is working because i have to lift the cart and take it apart to see it but i dont know if they go into some kind of "limp" mode or if anyone knows why it would all of a sudden do this.

The fuse itself is tight but has play in it when you wiggle the wire - i dont remember if it was like that when they originally installed it. But again nothing looks wrong - no burnt wires, no burnt terminals - water in the batteries- was sitting not the charger the entire time it was not in use - it doesn't seem like a battery issue just because the first smash on the peddle and it moves, then after a few minutes it starts dropping speed and power, but then if you let it sit for a minute it will repeat the same cycle...

Anyone have any similar issues or ideas what to check? I did not install the parts myself i had a local company do it.

Any ideas would be awesome!!
netrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2019, 05:22 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2019 Onward - Alltrax 500amp losing speed

The loose connection ("play in it") could be the culprit if it is causing resistance and building heat. Need to address it regardless and double check all connections at the terminal points.

If you plug into the diagnostic port of your XCT with a USB printer cable you can run the Tool Kit software and see what is dropping out by the error flags it displays. It may be a current issue or could even be a solenoid or speed sensor issue.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:17 PM   #3
netrave
Not Yet Wild

Where do i get the software to do that? I am not the one who programmed it or set it up, I had a shop do it but they are not familiar with the alltrax they just installed it for me per your guys instructions on this site...

and in the software where do i goto run a diagnostic? Sorry for so many questions - im more of a Jeep person so the electronics part isn't my forte'!

but ill get a new fuse just in case and then setup a laptop to test it as well
Old 06-25-2019, 08:01 PM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Fix the loose connection first, if the cable is getting that hot, it is certainly causing low voltage at the controller.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:01 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Go here https://alltraxinc.com/alltrax-tool-kit/ for the software and instruction manual. All free.

It is self explanatory even without the manual. Any issues, just shout and we are here.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:17 AM   #6
netrave
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Fix the loose connection first, if the cable is getting that hot, it is certainly causing low voltage at the controller.
It’s not a loose connection. It’s the fuse itself wiggles inside but the connections are tight. I don’t remember if it was always like that or if that’s new. Never tried to wiggle the fuse before.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:42 AM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If the cable is getting hot and all connections are tight, replace the cable.

It is not supposed to get hot, but if it is, there is not enough current passing to allow the motor to work.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car