lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2019, 06:21 PM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default re: Less than thrilled after DS upgrades

I would try and return the v-glide and get an MCOR4 conversion kit from scotty at cartsunlimited in the site sponsors link at the top.of the page. It will work much better and give a smoother throttle response anyway
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2019, 07:23 PM   #12
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I'm running basically the same setup except I have an Alltrax SPM 48500 controller, I setup my V Glide as a 3 wire multi step potentiometer and on 20" tall tires my cart will run 22-23 mph.
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 07:44 PM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsent View Post
The tech basically went through the settings one at a time until we found the one that worked....
It is probably set for one of the 2-wire throttle modes which means one the wires from the VGlide should not be connected.

Pull the throttle wires from the Controller terminals #2 and #3 and measure the resistance range from pedal up to pedal down.

if it is a 5k-0Ω setup, the purple wire should not be connected.

Does the reverse works at a reduced speed?

if it does, did You wire the special terminal for 1/2 speed?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 10:51 PM   #14
Purpleharley61
Getting Wild
Club Car

Williamsent check ur pm mailbox
Purpleharley61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:16 AM   #15
Out2Sea
Gone Wild

Default Re: Less than thrilled after DS upgrades

“I'm a little aggravated that for the second time I will have this cart in the shop due to a programming issue that should have been set up from the factory.”

I would be also. Seems like you should not be held accountable for the cost.

I was surprised that all the talk about how the controller (not just Curtis) is programmed by the seller is really just bunk. The box shows up with the correct seller address, but when you look at USPS tracker you see it is just drop ship from the factory. It’s up to the seller to tell the factory how it should be programmed prior to shipment.

So either the factory dropped the ball or the seller failed to tell them the correct parameters to use. Either way it’s their responsibility to make good especially if it was a plug and play kit purchase.
Out2Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:28 AM   #16
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out2Sea View Post
“I'm a little aggravated that for the second time I will have this cart in the shop due to a programming issue that should have been set up from the factory.”

I would be also. Seems like you should not be held accountable for the cost.

I was surprised that all the talk about how the controller (not just Curtis) is programmed by the seller is really just bunk. The box shows up with the correct seller address, but when you look at USPS tracker you see it is just drop ship from the factory. It’s up to the seller to tell the factory how it should be programmed prior to shipment.

So either the factory dropped the ball or the seller failed to tell them the correct parameters to use. Either way it’s their responsibility to make good especially if it was a plug and play kit purchase.

Where he bought the kit is very good indicator as to why it wasn't programmed correctly when he got it. He's lucky they even picked up the phone when he called them.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:40 AM   #17
williamsent
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

See I had no problem with buggiesunlimited. They are actually located in town so all my orders came very quick even with their free shipping. Most in one day. I did a lot of other work on the cart beyond the electronics. Its basically a new cart on an old frame and body. Its my understanding the BU is actually the online retail store front for one of the larger golf cart supply companies in the US. Most of the shops in town get their parts from the same place that the BU parts ship from. Their techs have been great with all my questions until I got to this issue. I have spent a lot of time on the phone with a tech running me through diagnostics. Don't think its their fault the controller wasn't programmed. It should have been set up by Curtis before it got to them.
williamsent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:43 AM   #18
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
Where he bought the kit is very good indicator as to why it wasn't programmed correctly when he got it. He's lucky they even picked up the phone when he called them.
X2

I had an issue with a BU order several years ago. A couple parts were back-ordered and they didn't send me any notification about it, just shipped me the order without the parts.
To their credit I gave them a call and they shipped me the right parts from another warehouse/distributor, though it still took another almost two weeks to receive. It was during our off-season, so there was no urgency to get it, mostly inconvenient.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:44 AM   #19
williamsent
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So my v-glide assembly has 4 wires as did the one I took off. Green, blue, black, and white.
williamsent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:50 AM   #20
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well if you're going to do a complete change of drive system on your 96 DS, I would recommend getting in contact with Dave at http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/ (site sponsor). Customer service and knowledge of CCs is second to none. He came up with the drive system for my 92 DS gas converted to electric. Most of the info is in my sig, but if you have any questions, let me know.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car