lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2019, 10:55 AM   #1
scmoose
Gone Wild

Default Another surging question

Shortly after upgrading controller to Alltrax 300A cart seems to surge / buck and higher speed. At first I blamed my young daughters foot bouncing on the throttle, however it has started doing it to me as well, and wife has been complaining about it. Sometimes its worse than others, sometimes it doesn't do it at all. Actually now that I think about it, it seems to do it at all speeds, especially when trying to maintain a speed other than wide open. I am running the original program that came with the controller. 2012 precedent, PH serial number.
scmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2019, 11:12 AM   #2
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Another surging question

Quote:
Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
Shortly after upgrading controller to Alltrax 300A cart seems to surge / buck and higher speed. At first I blamed my young daughters foot bouncing on the throttle, however it has started doing it to me as well, and wife has been complaining about it. Sometimes its worse than others, sometimes it doesn't do it at all. Actually now that I think about it, it seems to do it at all speeds, especially when trying to maintain a speed other than wide open. I am running the original program that came with the controller. 2012 precedent, PH serial number.
You can rule out the speed sensor by disconnecting it and then turning off the speed limit in the controller settings.

Run the cart and see if it still happens. If it does it's most likely an mcor issue. You can also use the throttle application in the controller software and view the real time input from the mcor maybe you'll see something strange there.

Some of these guys may also be able to tell you something from a monitor file. If you save one an upload it here.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 11:17 AM   #3
scmoose
Gone Wild

yeah been looking around on here. Sure seems to be an awful lot of MCOR issues after an Altrax install.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:46 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

No, just a lot of MCOR's go but has nothing to do with an Alltrax. MCOR's and any potentiometer will wear and cause signal issues or have failed MS's. Just like the MS's in a V-glide or FNR switch.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 11:51 AM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

As mentioned above, the Tool Kit Monitor screen is going to show you what the throttle is doing with out a doubt.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:36 PM   #6
scmoose
Gone Wild

Ill play with it when I get home. I do remember watching the throttle in the program and seeing it get to 100. Just didn't pay attention to how smooth it was herring to 100.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2019, 06:52 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
yeah been looking around on here. Sure seems to be an awful lot of MCOR issues after an Altrax install.
Alltrax installs don't cause MCOR issues. The fact that the Alltrax is so much quicker to respond to the throttle causes people to realize they already had a bad MCOR. The throttle delay in the factory controller is very conservative. If you were to put the Alltrax in Turf Mode and turn down the throttle rate it would behave much more like a factory controller and you probably wouldn't notice it. The Alltrax Toolkit software will let you watch your throttle response percentage on your computer screen. You will then be able to tell whether the MCOR is causing the surge or not.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 06:54 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Ill play with it when I get home. I do remember watching the throttle in the program and seeing it get to 100. Just didn't pay attention to how smooth it was herring to 100.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Just because it goes up to 100 doesn't mean it's good. Hold it at 100 with your foot for a while and watch it. See if it stays at 100 or if it's dropping down lower and fluctuating. Back off to about 90% and hold it there, and then 80, and 70, and so on. Try it all across the entire range. An MCOR may be out of range only at certain positions of the internal potentiometer. You may have to mess with it for a while to find that exact spot that's creating the surge.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car