lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2019, 01:19 PM   #1
Jsmth86
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default FSIP Speed Motor Install

I have purchased an FSIP Speed motor for my 2008 Precedent along with an Alltrax controller and solenoid. The motor came in this Friday but still waiting on the controller and etc but took on the project of installing a lift kit this weekend so figured it would make it easier to install the motor as well.

As I was done with the lift kit and motor install I drove the cart back to its spot in the garage and it felt like it had no power. At full throttle I was only traveling 5mph and it could not go up the slightest incline back to the garage.

During the install I had taken a picture of which wire was connected to each motor posts but I feel that I have screwed something up.

I have connected the motor as follows
F1 - Blue
F2 - Orange
A1 - Green
A2 - White

From what I understand this motor can be used with the stock controller so I don't feel it has anything to do with this.

Any suggestions?
Jsmth86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2019, 01:29 PM   #2
CoiloverCarts
Getting Wild

Default Re: FSIP Speed Motor Install

I believe that motor requires the upgraded controller with proper field map

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
CoiloverCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 02:39 PM   #3
rib33024

What field map is installed in the controller?
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 08:11 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmth86 View Post
I have purchased an FSIP Speed motor for my 2008 Precedent along with an Alltrax controller and solenoid. The motor came in this Friday but still waiting on the controller and etc but took on the project of installing a lift kit this weekend so figured it would make it easier to install the motor as well.

As I was done with the lift kit and motor install I drove the cart back to its spot in the garage and it felt like it had no power. At full throttle I was only traveling 5mph and it could not go up the slightest incline back to the garage.

During the install I had taken a picture of which wire was connected to each motor posts but I feel that I have screwed something up.

I have connected the motor as follows
F1 - Blue
F2 - Orange
A1 - Green
A2 - White

From what I understand this motor can be used with the stock controller so I don't feel it has anything to do with this.

Any suggestions?
Controller M- goes to A2 (White Factory Cable)
Controller B+ goes to A1 (Green Factory Cable)

The color does not matter, but the termination points do. The F1/F2 are the Fields and the cart would have ran backwards if they were mismatched.

There are no Maps in the stock controller, Rib was thinking you had your Alltrax installed, in which case, you do need to make sure it has the FSIP Speed Map installed.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 08:15 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sounds like you simply do not have the motor speed sensor connected on the new motor yet, is that correct? If yes you will need to splice the 3 motor pigtail wires to the cart's OEM motor lead per instruction; red to red, blk to blk, two odd colors together - it should run as normal on the OEM control but seriously - I'd be hesitant to run it much with the OEM control and big tires. This could result in a very under powered situation where the motor just cannot access enough amperage for the load. Hope this helps no matter who's sale this was
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car