lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2019, 10:00 AM   #11
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Batteries!

How old are those batteries, and how are they being tested by the battery store? If they are not doing a load test they are not doing a proper evaluation of those batteries. After a 20 minute ride they should not be looking like the voltages you posted as the one under 8 volts is considered dead, one is still showing 100 percent charge and overall your 48.5 volts is dismal. I've got a 5 year old battery pack that still shows upwards of 51 volts after a spirited 2 mile round trip... Use this chart to help you figure out what's up...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg State of Charge Expanded.jpg (96.9 KB, 0 views)
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2019, 10:17 AM   #12
PineMountainClubBuggie
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I recently replaced my Costco Interstate batteries with US Batteries US 8VHATB XC2
20 Hour Rate: 205
Minutes of Discharge @ 56 Amps: 164
Minutes of Discharge @ 25 Amps: 435

Could not be happier.
PineMountainClubBuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:57 AM   #13
stick101
Not Yet Wild

4 of them are about 2 years old. 2 where replaced last year under warranty. I’ve been back and forth with these batteries. Think I’m gonna get some real batteries and be done. They said they load tested them but who knows. For 99 bucks each I believe they are just crap. I’ve had the voltage go down to 46. I checked each cell last night and 2 of the batteries are not up to par.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stick101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 05:02 PM   #14
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick101 View Post
4 of them are about 2 years old. 2 where replaced last year under warranty. I’ve been back and forth with these batteries. Think I’m gonna get some real batteries and be done. They said they load tested them but who knows. For 99 bucks each I believe they are just crap. I’ve had the voltage go down to 46. I checked each cell last night and 2 of the batteries are not up to par.

8.29 and 8.43 are the new batteries? The other 4 are the older batteries right?

Its a shame to have paid well over 6 hundred dollars for batteries only to be forced into replacing them a mere 2 years later.

Shop around for top tier batteries such as Crown, Deka, East Penn or Trojans and be cautious of house brand as well as 2nds or blems even if they are said to be from a top tier manufacturer...

While my 5 plus year Crowns are not the battery they once were as they do suffer from voltage drop under heavy use in the hills of our hood they sure don't give out after 20 minutes of use...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 08:20 PM   #15
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

agree batteries are near end of life.
Mixing batteries are not recommended as most chargers won’t charge them equally.
May want to look at replacing with highest capacity batteries you can.
Personally got 6 years out of Trojans and this year replaced them with U S batteries since they had equal,slightly better then Trojans in same size. Either way us known preferred brands based on forum recommendations.

Search Battery comparison chart by Johnie b he has done much batterie research and very knowledgeable
Battery brand,capacity, and care are what keep electric carts alive 😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:31 PM   #16
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Sorry, the cut-rate batteries just never make it for the long haul! There are many who "sing the the praises" of their low cost batteries.... But in my experience, they rarely last longer than 2 to 3 years. (I don't even offer those "off brands", but I sure see them when they fail). A couple people even get nasty when you inform them that their cheap batteries can't "pass the test" after only 18 months. We have a local "wildcatter" who sells batteries cheaper than I can. Their warranty is basically a "50 foot" warranty, if you call them, they won't call back. And they have destroyed some carts, they ain't covering that. They say "we put all new cables", but the cables are junkers that don't work for ****. When I see those "cheapo jobs", who thought they were "saving so much money" by skipping us, why should I "cut them any breaks" , since they knew the "secret trick to save money" by avoiding me. They sure love my help for free, why should I help them out, but they can't pay?

Sorry, undercutters are rampant around here, and when problems happen, they still want a cheap repair deal from us. The repair deal would have been honestly done here in the first place. Good work actually costs money, bad work is something I'll leave to the scumbags. Then you might be still paying for the good work in the end. I'll be honest, I never cut any breaks for those cost-cutters who love our experience & knowledge extended to them, and then "cheap out" to save a nickel on a battery job.

If you have a local shop that knows anything, pay them for their knowledge! They usually will be your best ally when tough problems pop up.. and, knowing a local can get you a discount when your looking for a "odd thing" (and maybe even a discount on OEM pricing if you act like a normal human who deals with them often).

Sorry if I "went off" on this topic, but the cut-throat wildcatters kill us. And if you all think I'm making "a killing" selling a set of batteries at $860, you are wrong. It's actually a "low profit" deal we have to do to work in the industry of golf carts. Those undercutters have the luxury of never having to deal with warranty, or actual test standards. Like I said, if there's a problem, they won't answer. And they don't do any cleanup job for your battery tray. (or tell you if it's totally dangerous out of control). If it can possibly hold a battery, they will be out of your street ASAP!
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 11:32 AM   #17
stick101
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Sorry, the cut-rate batteries just never make it for the long haul! There are many who "sing the the praises" of their low cost batteries.... But in my experience, they rarely last longer than 2 to 3 years. (I don't even offer those "off brands", but I sure see them when they fail). A couple people even get nasty when you inform them that their cheap batteries can't "pass the test" after only 18 months. We have a local "wildcatter" who sells batteries cheaper than I can. Their warranty is basically a "50 foot" warranty, if you call them, they won't call back. And they have destroyed some carts, they ain't covering that. They say "we put all new cables", but the cables are junkers that don't work for ****. When I see those "cheapo jobs", who thought they were "saving so much money" by skipping us, why should I "cut them any breaks" , since they knew the "secret trick to save money" by avoiding me. They sure love my help for free, why should I help them out, but they can't pay?

Sorry, undercutters are rampant around here, and when problems happen, they still want a cheap repair deal from us. The repair deal would have been honestly done here in the first place. Good work actually costs money, bad work is something I'll leave to the scumbags. Then you might be still paying for the good work in the end. I'll be honest, I never cut any breaks for those cost-cutters who love our experience & knowledge extended to them, and then "cheap out" to save a nickel on a battery job.

If you have a local shop that knows anything, pay them for their knowledge! They usually will be your best ally when tough problems pop up.. and, knowing a local can get you a discount when your looking for a "odd thing" (and maybe even a discount on OEM pricing if you act like a normal human who deals with them often).

Sorry if I "went off" on this topic, but the cut-throat wildcatters kill us. And if you all think I'm making "a killing" selling a set of batteries at $860, you are wrong. It's actually a "low profit" deal we have to do to work in the industry of golf carts. Those undercutters have the luxury of never having to deal with warranty, or actual test standards. Like I said, if there's a problem, they won't answer. And they don't do any cleanup job for your battery tray. (or tell you if it's totally dangerous out of control). If it can possibly hold a battery, they will be out of your street ASAP!

Absolutely agree [emoji817] percent!! Be the last time I deal with cut rate batteries!! My local shop has trogan T-875 for around 800 a set. I’m pulling mine out and swapping this evening! It is a shame that ppl continue to get hosed by the offbrand stores.

Old 07-19-2019, 11:35 AM   #18
stick101
Not Yet Wild

BTW, this is the best forum, anytime I buy something I search and buy from “our” site sponsors anytime I can! [emoji1363]

Old 07-19-2019, 12:46 PM   #19
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Unfortunately you can’t get batteries from the sponsors [emoji52] But they are all great to work with and will make things right for you!
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:24 AM   #20
stick101
Not Yet Wild

Well sucked it upped and got some real batteries! The difference is amazing! My local dealer had them for 763.00 out the door! When I told them what i had delt with on the previous batteries he said check this out. Walked outback and he had 3 pallets of the same batteries that I was replacing. Get what you pay for!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO