lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 07:16 PM   #1
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Who hear thinks they can be honest

Sometimes we don't want to admit to things. Or we twist them. Psychology says we rationalize. Well what ever you call it I usually will admit to things and try to be honest. I think you can learn more that way.

So recently I posted about my problem(s) with my 2010 RXV dying. And I have to admit to something. Today when I went back to the basics of checking wires, connections, etc... I found a wire that I left of the pack +. I spent many hours testing, replacing several parts and it turns out that the lesson is, I am really a novice at this. I have to also tell you, every time I disconnect the pack and reconnected it I kept thinking to myself, there was one wire missing. The other red flag I should have pick up on was that usually one wire would throw a small spark when putting it back on that pack positive. And that wasn't happening until today.

So needless to say I was the "fault code." And no manual or hand held tool has that code in there. In computer science we always teased about when there were errors we should just replace the users.

So I am happy/sad. 🎭

Carts good. Ego is bruised. But I have a lot of knowledge. And today I started documenting the accessories I added. Labeling the wires for each and the things I thought I was so good I didn't need to do that stuff.

So! Hi my name is Tom and I am a golf cart junkie......
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2019, 07:22 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Who hear thinks they can be honest

We had this discussion. Everybody with 65,000 posts admitted the same. Welcome to the club.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:38 PM   #3
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Yep. Replaced a controller and reversing contactor not too long ago because of a bad motor connection. Took me 3 weeks to finally realize it.
Old 07-23-2019, 01:43 AM   #4
Canuck2400
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Can do you one better, I spent over 2500.00 (Canadian mind you), and over a year and a half on my cart, only to discover that all along, I had 2 little green wires under the dash crossed up, switched them now all is good — almost, need to fix the speed sensor wire, then I’m done —- couldn’t have done it without the guys on this forum tho.
Old 07-23-2019, 06:10 AM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

yep....sooner or later, tis going to happen…...there is only one definitive way for it never to happen, and that's you never do anything.....cause if you work on it, it will happen. All you really can do is always take your time, do your research ahead of time. take pictures and right everything down that you have done. these kinds of things can minimize the chances you will mess up.....but whenever you put a person in the mix, is can happen, seeing as how we are not perfect.
Old 07-23-2019, 07:07 AM   #6
jkredman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yup. I think everyone of us here has missed something obvious, and spent a lot of money because of it.....

But you have a need for a cart and once you get it working to your satisfaction the memories and frustrations (if you really had any) fade.

Welcome to the community!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2019, 08:01 AM   #7
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

yes I too have spent money on the wrong parts over looking some thing simple staring right at me in plan site .
Old 07-23-2019, 09:21 AM   #8
Buggieman18
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

....and it's not just limited to golf carts....HA!

Especially with wires, I try to be as meticulous as possible, take pics, tie loose wires together by their connectors so they all go back onto their correct electrical post, turn off the radio while working, keep all loose parts/screws in one place, etc. And still, I misplace and can't find the wrench I just had in my hand....
Old 07-23-2019, 10:06 AM   #9
Lochlin
Gone Wild

I have a sizable stash of spare parts from replacing things that ended up not being the problem.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:09 AM   #10
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

But I haven't posted 65k+

I spent a little less us$

I didn't even refer back to pictures

I'll probably label the pack +(s) and pack -(s) 1of X. Ex 1 of 5 lol

I have a nice list of parts growing as well. Some from unnecessary replacement, some from what we addicts term cool upgrades.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190723_112758.jpg (125.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190723_115808.jpg (117.4 KB, 0 views)
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO