lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2019, 11:49 AM   #11
Threeput
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2009 EZGO RXV controller upgrade.

I agree with Newbuggyboy...when I bought my 2009 RXV I had lots of trouble as it would go sometimes then nothing...then I learned..it is a sophisticated set up ..so patience is what I found was the answer...now I put in the key...turn to N..wait and listen for the clunk and clicks...turn the key slowly to F...GENTLY push the pedal..you hear "Click"..and away we go..
I'd like to add..if I'm in a rush and speed up the process...I get nothing..so I put the key to off ..and go through the process again slower ..and all OK
Threeput is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2019, 06:25 PM   #12
Jesse454545
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
Your best bet would be not to start just throwing parts in this cart.

First you need a battery charger. Get pack fully charged and keep it that way.

Second start looking for someone with a Danaher handheld to help you figure out what is wrong with your cart. Yes you'll have to probably pay them for there help.
I will order one this week and I have already bought some parts for the carts that looked like they had issues but they didnt cost much. I have asked around the fb pages for anyone that was close to me if they had a scanners but no luck and the shops around here all tell me to tow my cart to their shop but I dont have that luxury right now. But I will keep asking.
Jesse454545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:26 PM   #13
Jesse454545
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbuggyboy View Post
Depends where it fails.

Remember

Originally Posted by kernal
This is a summary of the RXV power up test. I copied this from a member but can't remember who exactly. Probably cgtech, usgicollector, bob boyce or hightech red neck

Quote:
The RXV golf carts are some of the most sophisticated carts in existence. One of the things that many people don't know about with the RXV is that they have what is called a "power-up sequence." During this sequence a number of checks are made, and if any of them fail the vehicle will not run.

I have been told you can progress up and hear a single solenoid click, but then there is another failure. Someone adviced me that the cart may not recognize that the charger is unplug. They gave me a pin number on the 23 pin, but I'm not at home. What I do remember was testing the three prong charger inlet at the driver's feet. One is the ground and if you connect + from meter to the other 2 I got same voltage as battery pack.

Several websites let you call for troubleshooting help. I think they do to also sell you parts. Consider calling one of them.

Also review the wiring diagrams. A wrong wire on any component may be trouble some.

When my cart wouldn't power up, no solenoid click or reverse beeper, I replaced my motor brake by flipping the 1/2 3/4 under the run tow switch. That provide power to the brake and it released. As I replaced it my socket was constantly being pulled by the magnetic force. And the brake warmed up.

Remember to torquing to proper measure. That solenoid required 35lbs to large post and 15lbs to smaller. The motor brake had a range.

I wish I could help more. I'm just a rookie.
Lol I'm just a rookie too lol this is my first golf cart.
Jesse454545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 08:03 PM   #14
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse454545 View Post
Lol I'm just a rookie too lol this is my first golf cart.
I was considering the hand held until someone told me it won't tell you if the controller is bad. So I thought I would do the other tests. I would print one, or two, a day and go at it. I spent 8-12 hours day after day. Sometimes doing the testing. Sometimes basic maintenance.

My philosophy was If I couldn't find the problems I would use the money for the new controller rather than the hand held.
Newbuggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller, ezgo, upgrade
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO