lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2019, 09:00 PM   #1
EZ-GoingJon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Charger Question

Hey all, I have a charger question.

I have a 36v PDS cart with a powerwise II charger and was wondering a few things. My cart is at my cabin and I only go out there on the weekends and was wondering about leaving the charger plugged in and the cart charging when I leave on Sundays. Here are my questions:

1- I know with my charger that once it cycles off on complete charge it won’t start back up until the plug is removed and put back in, so I am wondering if the relay that closes on the board when it is plugged into the cart will cause any drain issues over the week (or two) that I’m not there?

2- I have seen a few posts about people leaving them plugged in but them not starting back up, so I have a solution for that. I purchased a digital schedule outlet that can be programmed to turn on and off at any time for as long as needed. So here is my planned schedule...

Since I usually get there on Friday late afternoon I plan on creating a schedule from about 5 AM Friday morning (just so the charger will come back on and charge the cart back to 100% before I get there) to, say, 5 AM on Monday morning. That will make sure that the charger has no high voltage going to it during the week when I’m not there and it will allow the cart to charge fully when I plug it in Sunday afternoon when I leave.

Does this seem like a good plan? Open to any ideas or suggestions!

Thanks!

Jon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EZ-GoingJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2019, 09:31 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Charger Question

I believe the DC cord has to be reset, not the AC cord. Due to the diode bridge in the charger, the amount of back-feed in to the charger should be so small that average meters won't even catch it.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 09:37 PM   #3
EZ-GoingJon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I believe the DC cord has to be reset, not the AC cord. Due to the diode bridge in the charger, the amount of back-feed in to the charger should be so small that average meters won't even catch it.

CG,

You may be right, I guess I failed to test that possibility.

Well, there goes my master plan!![emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EZ-GoingJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 05:45 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

EZ.....if you go out to your cabin every weekend....right before you leave, reinitiate a charge cycle and your cart will be good after a week of sitting, if its not, I would be looking into what is draining it.....but if the batteries are good, and no parasitic loads on your cart, after a week you should be very close to 100% charge when you get back the following weekend.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO