lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2010, 12:47 PM   #11
rrspeed
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2000 Yamaha g16 surges

Hi All,
I just got the cart back yesterday and haven't had a chance to try it out. I must say that I have to give the dealer credit. He came down from New Hampshire to Connecticut and picked up the cart and took it back for service and then dropped it off again. Hopefully it runs well now He stated the carb needed to be cleaned and there was a "pinched pulse line." Can anyone tell me what that is?
Hopefully it runs good and Grandma can have her cart to get around her property.
rrspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2010, 10:05 PM   #12
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

the pulse line is the line off the crank case going to the fuel pump to drive it. if it waas pinched fuel flow would be affected.
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:01 AM   #13
rrspeed
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks, I'll have to take off the air cleaner housing and become more fmiliar with this little bugger.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:21 AM   #14
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

We still need some pics!!!
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:08 AM   #15
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

pics of Gra'ma enjoying that cart!
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:32 PM   #16
87cartny
Not Yet Wild

Just went through this my my G2, after cleaning, and recleaning the carb the only thing that fixed it was drilling the main jet alittle bigger,
87cartny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:26 PM   #17
rrspeed
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Hi All,
Just got the time to try out Granny's cart after the dealer came and picked it up and then brought it back. I have to give them credit for driving from New Hampshire to Connecticut to pick it up and bring it back but unfortunately, the cart still surges, although not as severe as before. I guess I'm going to have to pick this apart myself. The dealer said the carb needed cleaning and it had a pinched pulse line. I'm going to pull the carb and clean it myself and perhaps put a new needle in it. I'm not that familiar with these engines so I'm going to have to figure out where the fuel pump is and start from there. It's definitely getting spark so I'm figuring fuel delivery has to be the culprit seeing the dealer "SAID" they cleaned the carb and replaced the pulse line which DID help but didn't cure the problem.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks to all who have already offered assistance. I promise once I get this puppy running smooth and I feel that it's safe enough for Granny to ride, I post some pictures.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha