lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2010, 03:07 PM   #1
Benihana881
Not Yet Wild

Default G9 Wont start, Need some input

Alright like I said, it wont start, I've cleaned the carb, its getting spark, I already put a new plug and ignition coil in it. Gapped the spark plug. It will start up and run on starter fluid but once thats out it dies. I drained all the old gas and put new gas in it. adjusted the needles to default on the carb. I feel like its something very close and simple but i just cant get it. any help would be great

also When i take the bowl off the carb there is alot of gas in it. but when i take out the plug it smells like gas (faintly) but you cannot see gas on the plug. The air filter is coated in oil and the intake pipe has oil in it. Bad rings???? When I put my finger in the spark plug hole and crank over the engine is shoots my finger outta there so it has compression. But my boss doesn't have a compression tester. (its his golf cart)
Benihana881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 Wont start, Need some input

Old gas was how old and how long did it sit? Put a 1/2 a thimble of gas in the plug hole and try it. You may have a crudy gummed up carb.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:32 PM   #3
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

May want to take the hose off the carb from the fuel pump, put the open in in a can and crank it over to make sure you are getting a good output from the pump......You also may want to drain old oil and refill with ONE quart, and replace your air filter. Make sure your airbox is totally tight too. You may have bad oil rings, but with sufficient compression it should still run. I would try all the above and then go buy or borrow a compression tester before spending more money.
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:04 PM   #4
Benihana881
Not Yet Wild

I have changed the oil, gas does come from the fuel pump, it was sitting for couple years i want to say cause the carb was dirty as hell. I drained the gas and replaced it with fresh gas. The airbox is being a female and wont close properly.
Benihana881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:59 PM   #5
berthasquare
Getting Wild
Yamaha

1. Clean the carb again. Make sure all the jets are free of dirt. You might use some air pressure.

2. Make sure that the carb gasket is airtight...no air leak between carb and carb joint.
berthasquare is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carb, ignition, start, stupid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha