lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2010, 01:31 PM   #11
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Which oil to use?

+1 on what BigBlockMan said.
"Synthetic" oil is still made from crude petroleum, just like "Regular" oil is. There is nothing magical or mystical about it. Modern science has produced a superior product at a higher cost and therefore greater value. It wouldn't sell as well if they had marketed it as "Really Super Good Oil", even though it is just that. By giving it a fancy name, they can show it is different than "plain old oil" and justify the higher price needed to cover the cost of producing it.
I have opened up high-mileage engines that exclusively used synthetic oil, and been very impressed with the lack of deposits and wear you would normally expect to see.
A quart or two of synthetic will not break the bank. Oil is cheap. Engines are expensive.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2010, 04:55 PM   #12
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

"A quart or two of synthetic will not break the bank. Oil is cheap. Engines are expensive."

Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:36 PM   #13
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

I'm going to try Scotty's info tomorrow. THANKS SCOTTY!!!!!!!!! Good Info.
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:29 PM   #14
chompy
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by chompy View Post
Use 10w40 in a mild climate. Use 20w50 in colder climates. I use Yamalube because, well, I am a Yamaha Dealer. Synthetic is good but it has a tendency to shrink seals and o-ring rubber. If you use it keep your eyes open for oil leaks.
Yeah! Total misprint. It is a dyslexia thing
chompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:17 AM   #15
bordin34
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I use Diesel Synthetic Rotella T 5w-40 because it has more EP additives than standard car oils.
bordin34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:00 PM   #16
EMK
Not Yet Wild

When I was in tech school we rebuilt a 350 ci. filled it with castrol syntec started it to get the oil all throughout the motor shut it down and drained it. Started it back up dry and ran it for a few minutes, zero engine noise. We tore it down and there was no wear or burn marks on bearings.

I will use nothing else after that test.
EMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:42 PM   #17
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

i agree with EMK and GMB on the synthetic over conventional. castrol syntec is what i run in my cart, and i like it. coasts furthur then with conventional i found.
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha