lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2010, 10:58 AM   #1
onpointtundra
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default New Toy!!

Been out of the golf cart game for a few years, but I'm back in! Just got a 2005 G22. For some reason the serial number comes up as wrong on the computer. Its JUO-210054.

Already ordered light kit, seat covers, and the rear flip seat. Plan on ordering some SS112 12" wheels with a 5-2 offset on some low profiles, some rocker panels, and a new rear body. The cart was a fleet cart and the drivers side frame where the rocker plastic mounts is a little bent. Going to try my best to straighten it out and hope the new rockers cover the rest.

Hope to have some pics of some installed parts in the next few weeks.

Here's a pic of the cart and my other bigger project!

onpointtundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #2
AdamFL
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New Toy!!

congratulations!
AdamFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:57 PM   #3
onpointtundra
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Well here's an updated pic! New wheels, rear plastic, lights, rear seat, new front seat covers, and rocker covers. Starting to look like something. I do need to fix the rear rubbing issues that I have with people on the back.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:39 PM   #4
Reid Hartford
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

She's lookin good man!
Reid Hartford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:17 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

What a change, looks great. Some beefy rear shocks should take care of it, might have to lift it a little. Even mine lifted rubs the plastic some with a lot of weight on it, and that back seat is like my box it puts all the weight right on the rear. Rock hard shocks will make it ride hard though, and its easy to make a bracket to push the shock down a little if you need to.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:48 PM   #6
boltz
Getting Wild

Yamaha

lookin good, your more than likely getting the rub from the inner fender you may want to trim it just a bit
boltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:02 PM   #7
onpointtundra
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reid Hartford View Post
She's lookin good man!
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
What a change, looks great. Some beefy rear shocks should take care of it, might have to lift it a little. Even mine lifted rubs the plastic some with a lot of weight on it, and that back seat is like my box it puts all the weight right on the rear. Rock hard shocks will make it ride hard though, and its easy to make a bracket to push the shock down a little if you need to.
I've been looking at some beefy rear springs, but haven't really found any that would lift it some too. I'm open to suggestions if you have any!! I might look into fabing up something if just new springs don't fix it when I find some.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:04 PM   #8
onpointtundra
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltz View Post
lookin good, your more than likely getting the rub from the inner fender you may want to trim it just a bit
Yep, it rubs on the plastic mud flap and liner right in front of the rear frame. I've kinda looked at trimming it, but I would have to make a new bracket for the plastic to mount to because it goes above the frame.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:55 PM   #9
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by onpointtundra View Post
Thanks!

I've been looking at some beefy rear springs, but haven't really found any that would lift it some too. I'm open to suggestions if you have any!! I might look into fabing up something if just new springs don't fix it when I find some.
There are some, you would have to search posts to find them maybe. It is easy to make brackets to lift, the problem is with stock shocks the cart sinks with more weight then is higher without. I think I used solid 1.25 square bar, then a small piece of angle on the side screwed to the frame behind it to keep them from tipping, and a real small piece on the other side that I bolted the shock between. Angle was 2x.5x.125 or so. Can also use that to tilt the shocks back, they stand up straighter and are stiffer that way, but not that much more.

What am I thinking, here is a photo maybe that will give you some ideas if yours is the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onpointtundra View Post
Yep, it rubs on the plastic mud flap and liner right in front of the rear frame. I've kinda looked at trimming it, but I would have to make a new bracket for the plastic to mount to because it goes above the frame.
On the G9 I was able to cut the plastic on the inside and outside of wheel well (roughly at edges of tread, or the span where it might rub as our tires are rounded ATV tires that is mostly in the middle half of the tire tread), drill some small holes in it, and ziptie the plastic back to the frame. IIRC I cut the plastic maybe 4" high slits or something and ziptied the bottom back. I did another and made Z brackets to hold the plastic back, then thought why bother and ziptied mine, its still working 11 years later. That way the mud stays out of the engine compartment because all of the well is still there. I also chopped off the rear of the rocker around 1.5" and clipped just a little of the plastic off the corner of the body there. But that was on G9s. It does not hit the rear mudflap but is close.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:55 AM   #10
Jake's Golf Carts
Gone Wild

Cart looks awesome. We make heavy-duty rear coils that will solve your rubbing problem-Part# 6280.
Jake's Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha