lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2010, 05:00 PM   #11
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: New Toy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake's Lift Kits View Post
Cart looks awesome. We make heavy-duty rear coils that will solve your rubbing problem-Part# 6280.
I agree, I've used them and have been totally satisfied. Also, there are manufactured 2" upper shock mount drop brackets available.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2010, 08:17 PM   #12
onpointtundra
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
There are some, you would have to search posts to find them maybe. It is easy to make brackets to lift, the problem is with stock shocks the cart sinks with more weight then is higher without. I think I used solid 1.25 square bar, then a small piece of angle on the side screwed to the frame behind it to keep them from tipping, and a real small piece on the other side that I bolted the shock between. Angle was 2x.5x.125 or so. Can also use that to tilt the shocks back, they stand up straighter and are stiffer that way, but not that much more.

What am I thinking, here is a photo maybe that will give you some ideas if yours is the same.

On the G9 I was able to cut the plastic on the inside and outside of wheel well (roughly at edges of tread, or the span where it might rub as our tires are rounded ATV tires that is mostly in the middle half of the tire tread), drill some small holes in it, and ziptie the plastic back to the frame. IIRC I cut the plastic maybe 4" high slits or something and ziptied the bottom back. I did another and made Z brackets to hold the plastic back, then thought why bother and ziptied mine, its still working 11 years later. That way the mud stays out of the engine compartment because all of the well is still there. I also chopped off the rear of the rocker around 1.5" and clipped just a little of the plastic off the corner of the body there. But that was on G9s. It does not hit the rear mudflap but is close.
Thanks a ton!! Got some ideas now if HD springs don't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake's Lift Kits View Post
Cart looks awesome. We make heavy-duty rear coils that will solve your rubbing problem-Part# 6280.
Just ordered some tonight!!
onpointtundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:56 PM   #13
onpointtundra
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

A few pics of it at the course.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:23 PM   #14
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

HD springs should take care of it. I looked at mine this weekend, I didn't use zipties I used galvanized wire. I slit the front of the wheel well around 3-4" high on each side, then drilled some small holes about 1" from the cuts into the center section maybe less than 1" from the bottom edge. I ran the wire from the holes into holes in the side of a frame gusset ahead of the well to pull it back from the tire, twisted the wire off and that is it. A little flat black paint squirt and you can't see it even if you looked inside there.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:51 PM   #15
onpointtundra
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Just got the Jakes HD springs installed and it still rubs on some bumps and corners with weight on the back. It is better though. I guess one of these days when I have some free time I'll play with the liner.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:05 PM   #16
ianders
Not Yet Wild

What size wheels and tires did you go with? I am thinking about keeping mine stock and putting on some nice rims and tires. Yours looks nice!
ianders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:37 PM   #17
onpointtundra
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianders View Post
What size wheels and tires did you go with? I am thinking about keeping mine stock and putting on some nice rims and tires. Yours looks nice!
I got my wheels and tires from Wicked Carts and they are 12" wheels with a 215/40 on them.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha