lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2010, 06:12 PM   #1
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default G1 Front Shocks

My Wifes cousin has a G1 with a homemade lift kit and shocks off of ??.They are way too soft.Does anyone know the spring-rate on stock G1 shocks so we can match up some replacements.We tried some off a Honda 400 4x4 but they are still too soft.Thanks
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2010, 08:43 PM   #2
chuddly
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Front Shocks

400 ex shocks shouldnt be to soft unless they are just blown out and shot to no end. i have then on all 4 corners of my G1 and i leaned the front ones in at about15 degrees and they are about perfect. the rear ones are straight up and down and they are a little stiff until you get a couple hundred pounds directly over them. both front and rear of mine are turned ALL the way down with no preload at all on them. might check out some shocks that are not wore out
chuddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:41 PM   #3
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

They are Foreman 400 shocks,forgot to write that.Sorry.The ones that came on the cart are a mystery,we tried the Honda ones he had that were the same length(about 12-3/4" fully extended)We doubled the shocks up with the ones that came on it and all is good,but a little overkill and they weren't matched so that wouldn't work either.Thats why i'm looking for the spring-rate,then i can match up a set to the cart.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:42 AM   #4
chuddly
Gone Wild

Yamaha

look up the spring rate for a stock 400ex four wheeler and that will tell ya what you need. they are perfect in the front and i wouldnt go any lighter in the rear really just for the purpose of carying a load
Old 08-03-2010, 04:38 PM   #5
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

I'll look up the fronts.The rears are fine.The front is so soft that when you go in reverse it pulls the nose down and twists the tires in towards each other.Try and steer that one!!
Old 08-04-2010, 05:42 AM   #6
chuddly
Gone Wild

Yamaha

lol that could cause some undesireable effects to the steering geometry
Old 08-04-2010, 04:38 PM   #7
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

That Geometry is called a Fubared if you look at the tires!!!they are both Rims-Forward!!!You'd swear the tie-rods are unhooked!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha