lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2010, 08:28 AM   #1
pocket aces
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default fuel pump rebuild?

Can you rebuild your fuel pump? I looked on the part catalog and did not see where you could buy just buy the gaskets or diapham. My fuel filter is flowing and my pulse tube is pulsing but no gas in going to the carb. I tore apart the fuel pump and there was no clogs. 1 Gasket looks beat and the diaphams seem to be ok.
pocket aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2010, 08:46 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: fuel pump rebuild?

Available from nivelparts kit # 9313 for pumps #5146,47,& 48 check with you favorite sponsor
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #3
RUDEINC
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Just go to the local lawn mower repair shop and pick up a pulse fuel pump like this one... (http://www.jackssmallengines.com/fuel_bpump.cfm) I put a briggs and stratton #808656 on one of my G9's when the OEM pump crapped out at the campground and couldn't wait for a replacement. I did some research and saw that others have used this same setup for their big block conversions so decided to give it a try and it works fantastic. They are rated for up to 25hp applications. Cost= $25.00 and no down time.....Regards
RUDEINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:08 AM   #4
pocket aces
Gone Wild

Yamaha

That is great info for the future. I just ordered a pump from Carts Plus with shipping $44.00 I will get it Friday or Sat. I should be up and running this weekend. The one he is sending me is a plastic one just like you pictured. I will give a updated this weekend.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:51 PM   #5
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocket aces View Post
That is great info for the future. I just ordered a pump from Carts Plus with shipping $44.00 I will get it Friday or Sat. I should be up and running this weekend. The one he is sending me is a plastic one just like you pictured. I will give a updated this weekend.
I have that CPP fuel pump on my 18 hp vanny and my 16 hp clone. They work great, no problems at all.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:55 PM   #6
pocket aces
Gone Wild

Yamaha

She is up and running!!! It was the fuel pump. I removed the fuel filter from the bottom of the tank and installed a inline filter. Connected the fuel pump and it is good to go. I am feeling good that I did it myself Thanks for the help>
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha