lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2010, 02:51 PM   #1
kraushouse4
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Rebuild kit for a KF82

I have a 1991 CC with the KF82 engine that is knocking horribly but does still run. A buddy told me that it is not a difficult engine to rebuild. So I am wondering if anyone can help me locate a rebuild kit for this engine? I found a few on ebay but they seem pretty pricey.
kraushouse4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2010, 03:47 PM   #2
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Rebuild kit for a KF82

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraushouse4 View Post
I have a 1991 CC with the KF82 engine that is knocking horribly but does still run. A buddy told me that it is not a difficult engine to rebuild. So I am wondering if anyone can help me locate a rebuild kit for this engine? I found a few on ebay but they seem pretty pricey.
the ones i have seen are in the 500 dollar range and do not include the cam or cam gears.
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:23 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i can find a kit that comes complete with crankshaft camshaft piston and rings.......everything you need all gaskets bearings....i think the only thing not in there is the balance shaft which yours is more than likely fine...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:48 PM   #4
kraushouse4
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Where can I get it and how much does it cost??
kraushouse4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:06 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

whats your e-mail......if you don,t want to post it send it to me thur PM............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:14 PM   #6
ctclemes
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

hey shadowman. im looking for a rebuild kit for a kf82 as well can you email me about it? ctclemes@gmail.com
thanks
clint
ctclemes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #7
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctclemes View Post
hey shadowman. im looking for a rebuild kit for a kf82 as well can you email me about it? ctclemes@gmail.com
thanks
clint
Same here, I'd be interested in a cheaper rebuild kit than what I'm seeing online everywhere...bump!
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #8
whyknott2224
Not Yet Wild

could someone please send me the information for the rebuild kit shadowman is talking about? thank you in advanced! i have searched for good deals not many out there =/
whyknott2224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #9
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

really tear it down first and find out what you need , you may just need a rod replacement you can make the gasket with gasket paper and the head gasket can be had from multiple sources , i did one of these a while back and most times the kit is not really nessasary the engine itself is bullit proof other than the coils and if they go just scrap the engine and put a clone in it , for roughly 500 you could put in a clone engine and buy a new clutch , then you have all the power that you could want.
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:50 PM   #10
whyknott2224
Not Yet Wild

I have it all the way tore down at the moment.I took it to a machinist had the crankshaft measured it needs to be brung back to spec. for $60 bucks then a new connecting arm that is undersized.Also the i have to bore the block $40 bucks. plus gasket kits for everything. That is why i was really trying to find a rebuild kit for a good price. The motor is 26 years old and finally wore out. I prefer to rebuild and keep it simple even though it may cost a little more. If anyone has a good source for me to buy a rebuild kit please email me with the link. Thank you in advanced
my email : whyknott2224 at hotmail
whyknott2224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car