lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2011, 04:09 PM   #21
SimpleMan
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Do not make the same mistake I did!!!!!!

It's all Hillbilly Deluxe's fault. He kept them tied up on the phone so long that they couldn't deal with anybody else!
SimpleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2011, 05:05 PM   #22
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Probably the best explanation is from ScottyB when he explains how a business works from a manufacturer to a dealer.

Logisystems is just not a consumer oriented company, they are a manufacturer of controllers who deal with engineers and purchasing agents from cart manufacturing companies. They obviously don't have the time or inclination to deal with individuals regarding their installation problems and troubleshooting.

In defense of dealers who mark a product up, they deserve a margin for their services in order to deal with stocking the product and dealing with all the customer issues associated with controllers.
Whether you pay the margins that dealers ask or order online from the cheapest supplier is dependent on your ability to deal with any issues that may arise including customer service.

If you buy the cheapest price you need to be prepared for the worst level of service, it comes with the territory.

If you want the service and the hand holding that goes with it, you should be ordering from a competent, knowledgeable dealer and quit bitching about their margins.

The worst thing that you can do is order from the cheapest source and then get some poor dealer like CU to bail you out of your problems.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:59 PM   #23
frankowe
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

well i recently had my 3 week old lgs controller go bad, i got scottyb right on the phone and i sent it back to lgs with a note stating that i purchased it from scottyb, after 15 yrs. of being a automotive tech and shop manager i really know what its like to have a new part fail and how customers can become unhappy about it, i always try to correct things as quick as possible, scottyb assured me that it would be taken care of and i have all the confidence in him, he is always there when you need him and always willing to help with my golf cart makeover, after what i've read i just hope lgs takes care of me without a major delay.
frankowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:55 PM   #24
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankowe View Post
well i recently had my 3 week old lgs controller go bad, i got scottyb right on the phone and i sent it back to lgs with a note stating that i purchased it from scottyb, after 15 yrs. of being a automotive tech and shop manager i really know what its like to have a new part fail and how customers can become unhappy about it, i always try to correct things as quick as possible, scottyb assured me that it would be taken care of and i have all the confidence in him, he is always there when you need him and always willing to help with my golf cart makeover, after what i've read i just hope lgs takes care of me without a major delay.
ScottyB is probably the most responsive dealer I have seen on this forum and I doubt anyone would question his integrity.
Unless you were instructed to, why you would send this back to Logisystems instead of the dealer?

Back to the old reason you buy from a dealer and pay the extra margins. A dealer should take the return and should ship you a new controller and do all the legwork with the manufacturer to fix your problem. The dealer should charge you for a new controller and then based on the problem, credit you on return of your old one. If it is not a warranty situation, you just bought a second controller and the old one is returned to your possession.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:50 AM   #25
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

that's well put doug.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:19 PM   #26
1fastbuggy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Scotty B and everyone else tells you to send direct to logisystem. I agree we pay the mark up the DEALER should have to fix the problem not the consumer.
1fastbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO