lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2011, 11:28 AM   #21
GoatRoper
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2008 PDS will not go

Thanks Scotty i'll print this out and run the test at lunch and let you know. As for the solenoid i remember when the pedal is press i do not hear anything from the solenoid but i hear a click at the pedal. But i will let you know.
GoatRoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2011, 12:37 PM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If no solenoid click. Put both test leads on the small solenoid terminals. When the peddle micro clicks the solenoid should have 36v across the small terminals. IF not I suspect the small red wire coming from the back of the Charger receptacle has no power..... Check with black lead at battery main neg and red lead at small red wire.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:39 PM   #23
todo_brane_ded
.....He, not ME

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatRoper View Post
Ok i bought the multimeter and was able to get an accurate reading from my batteries as well as my solenoid that i can tell. All batteries when test showed around 31.5 - 38.6 except 1 and it showed around 12.5. I also tested the solenoid with the key on and the pedal depressed and it showed around 38 on all post. I tested the the 2 larger post above the solenoid and one showed 38 and the other didnt' even register.....???. Any ideas?
Dumb question but was the Rocker on the dash set to FWD? It should've been.....
todo_brane_ded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:00 PM   #24
GoatRoper
Not Yet Wild

Ok i checked the batteries and the solenoid like you explained above Scotty. Yes the cart was in forward and the batteries all checked out. Individually they are 6+ volts and when i did the pack text it was 38+. When i checked the solenoid it also read 38+ on both larger post. When i pressed the gas or not it read the same thing. I didn't get our message about the red wire coming from the charger part till now. I will do that when i get home. But the solenoid does not click.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:03 AM   #25
GoatRoper
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
We are going to assume a stock cart with six 6v batteries.
Standard meter set to 200 VDC
One battery should read 6.1v or close
All six batteries are connected in series, meaning they are connected with cables positive to negative in a string. The first battery + to - will read 6v the first 2 batteries + to - will read 12v ( actually 12.something = 12.3 or 12.6)

Once you get those readings, notice there are two battery posts which are not connected to another battery. They are both on the passenger side and they are the cart's main pos+ and neg- ... read pack voltage here.... The + cable connects to the solenoid. Does the solenoid click when you try to go? If yes, put the black (-) test lead on the battery pack main neg. and the red on the solenoid 2 Large terminals and test both sides. when solenoid is off power (36v) on one side when it clicks 36v on both sides.

Read this several times and answer all the questions, thank you.
Yes this is a stock cart with 6v batteries and i do have my multimeter set to 200 VDC's. I did the test where it put the (- black) on the first battery and checked the red wire to the charger. The voltage was (19). I also checked the solenoid and that showed to be (19v) on both the small post. The 2 larger post on the outside of the solenoid both read (19v) whether the gas pedal is depressed or not. That is with the (- black) on the lead battery by the charger. If the (- black) is put on the last battery in the chain they read (38V). I hope this helps.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:29 AM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

On all those 19v reading you must have had the neg test lead on the wrong battery? Not where you would get the 38+v pack reading, but not important now. What I read twice here is the solenoid large posts have power (38v) at both terminals whether peddle is depressed or not, This is a solenoid failure. To Double check, Disconnect battery + lead first to avoid accidental short. Then carefully disconnect the controller side of the solenoid at the solenoid. Now reconnect battery pack + and see if you still have both large terminals 38v? Disconnect one of the small solenoid terminals. Still 38+ volts, = bad solenoid
Old 05-19-2011, 10:46 AM   #27
GoatRoper
Not Yet Wild

Awesome... thanks. I'll try that and see what happens. Just picked up a new solenoid so maybe i did something to it when I put it back on. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:51 AM   #28
GoatRoper
Not Yet Wild

Also Scotty just so i don't screw anything up further what wire is the controller side of the solenoid? Is it the 2 large post above the solenoid on the controller box?
Old 05-19-2011, 11:38 AM   #29
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There are 2 big cables going to the solenoid. One goes to Battery Pack Positive on the battery side. The other goes to the B+ side of the controller.....
Old 05-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #30
GoatRoper
Not Yet Wild

Ok i removed the main (+) wire and also removed the wire off the solenoid to the controller. I ran the test again on the large post and both show (38+v). Then i tested the small post on the solenoid and they showed .5 v. I also took off small wire off left sm post and same thing. No volt reading on the small post of the solenoid.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO