lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
jallen28145
Not Yet Wild

Default PDS issues...? Need advice

Hi guys...I have some questions and I'm pretty sure I know the answer but... I have a 2000 pds with good, new batts and a stock controller and motor. No chip, bone stock. It has 25" tires on it as of a month ago. I had 23" tires before. When I Added the tires I also added another 1.5 inches of lift to the 6" that was on it, so yes, 25" tires and 7.5" lift. We are at the beach (ocean lakes...Myrtle beach, sc) and it seems my batteries aren't lasting near as long and the cart gets hot and slows way down after riding it awhile. Especially if going slow. I know the PDS motors don't like slow, and I know you aren't suppose to lift PDS carts with big tires. Well I did anyway and it looks SWEET! But I need it to run good too. What do I need to do? Controller or motor or both? I'd like to put a new controller and go to 48 volts. What controller do I need? Will that and 48v solve my problems? Do I need a motor too?

I need advice!!!! Thanks!
jallen28145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: PDS issues...? Need advice

Your gonna need both with that much lift and those tires. I hope you got a brake kit to help stop.

Alltrax DCX500 E-Z GO PDS Controller and have Plum Quick rewind your motor or get a new one. There are a couple out there for the PDS cart. Also a new set of at minimum 4g cables. Your also gonna want to get a programmer or have the place you order it from set it up for 48 volts. Don't forget a heavy duty solenoid and Cap and Diode. Next is deciding on how your gonna charge that 48 volt setup.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Definitely a controller, diode, solenoid, resistor, 4 or 2 gauge cables for batteries. What kind of speed are you looking for, just cruising the beach or something more?
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:08 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If you are going to continue to cruise 25" tires slowly on a PDS cart you are going to continue to have problems. No matter what control or motor you run the heat is gonna getchu
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:22 PM   #5
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I saw a cooling fin kit at PQ that may help. Maybe a fan on the heat sink as well?
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:25 PM   #6
jallen28145
Not Yet Wild

You guys are confirming what I thought. I like to go fast, I'm at about 19 now, but I don't anticipate to hit 30 or anything. I need more torque in a bad way. I forgot to mention that I did put 4 gauge cables everywhere, I may go to 2 gauge. Scotty, with a 500, 600, or 700 amp controller on 48v, motor upgrade (how's the plumquick bandit?) and 2 gauge will I be ok? I don't usually cruise slow but I'd like to have the ability to! Also where can I expect my speed to be? I know that is subjective and varies by Cary though.

Thanks for all the help, as usual!!!
Old 06-23-2011, 08:39 PM   #7
jallen28145
Not Yet Wild

*Varies by cart* that should be.

Also, will the added tire size and heat drain the batteries that much faster? It use to be I couldn't kill it in a day, now I have to be real careful. 48v/controller/motor will help run time correct?
Old 06-23-2011, 08:40 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallen28145 View Post
You guys are confirming what I thought. I like to go fast, I'm at about 19 now, but I don't anticipate to hit 30
Slow down, Dude life is too short!

Old 06-23-2011, 08:51 PM   #9
jallen28145
Not Yet Wild

Yeah I know. Speed is a bonus, I mainly want a cart that performs well and does what I ask it to do!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:44 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If I bought a nice sedan and asked it to go offroad would you think me foolish ?

I'm trying to say the PDS cart is not made for 25" tires.
I have a customer with PDS on 25s. Nothing but trouble. Series carts handle that load much much better.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO