lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2011, 12:14 AM   #11
jallen28145
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: PDS issues...? Need advice

Well Scotty thanks for nothing then I guess. I'm not going to sell what I have and start over so I have no choice but to make this work. Not trying to be a smartass (as you seem to come across sometimes) but that's just the way it is.

We'll see if I have " nothing but trouble" after the 48v/motor/controller upgrade and then go from there I suppose.

Spawn and Husker thanks for the help.
jallen28145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2011, 07:49 AM   #12
OlManRivah
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
I saw a cooling fin kit at PQ that may help. Maybe a fan on the heat sink as well?
That's what I've been thinking. A small DC fan toward the Controller. Possibly on a switch for better control mounted on the Dash.

Wonder if anyone has tried this and the results....
OlManRivah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:19 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Wow. Get mad if you don't get the answer you want???

My advice to anybody who wants to build an off road cart with larger than 22 inch tires or more than 1 person in it or in soft or loose footing or in hilly terrain or with the desire to creep along at low speed is get a series cart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:10 AM   #14
ripper
Not Yet Wild

Jallen, I got similar issues bro..I have 23'' tires, lift, 48 volt, 2guage wiring, new batteries, 600 amp alltrax and my motor gets hot! I may have even burned it up on a several mile (flat ground) cruise goin around 26mph steadily. I am either goin to convert to series or try to buy custom motor to keep heat down...sucks!
ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:50 AM   #15
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Scotty, what about an on road cart that just looks like an off road cart? I just like the look of the lift and large tires... (and the curbs in and out of the driveways are insane in my neighborhood) I plan to lift my PDS and put 22" tires on it, but I don't plan to go off road or do hills, or any slow speed creaping, just haulling A$$ throught neighborhood on big tires. I will occasionally carry people. Am I asking for trouble???
sorry for the hijack Jallen, I'm excited to see how yours turns out with all the upgrades.
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #16
rib33024

Well jallen I don't see where you think that Scotty is being a smart a$$, but each to his own

the way I see it, you asked for advice right, as in the title of this thread,
advice was giving by a man that knows from building carts that do what you are asking your cart to do, something the PDS cart was not made to do. now for my 2 cent, your are talking about changing everything to go 48v, motor/ controller/ batteries/ solenoid/ charger, the only thing left to change, to make your cart a series cart is, the wiring, that is not much and you would have a cart that you would not have to worry about, in the places you want it to run , but it sounds like you have your mind set on doing what you want to do, and not taking the advice that is offered, good luck with your build, keep us posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallen28145 View Post
Well Scotty thanks for nothing then I guess. I'm not going to sell what I have and start over so I have no choice but to make this work. Not trying to be a smartass (as you seem to come across sometimes) but that's just the way it is.

We'll see if I have " nothing but trouble" after the 48v/motor/controller upgrade and then go from there I suppose.

Spawn and Husker thanks for the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallen28145 View Post
Yeah I know. Speed is a bonus, I mainly want a cart that performs well and does what I ask it to do!
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:34 AM   #17
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter B View Post
Scotty, what about an on road cart that just looks like an off road cart? I just like the look of the lift and large tires... (and the curbs in and out of the driveways are insane in my neighborhood) I plan to lift my PDS and put 22" tires on it, but I don't plan to go off road or do hills, or any slow speed creaping, just haulling A$$ throught neighborhood on big tires. I will occasionally carry people. Am I asking for trouble???
sorry for the hijack Jallen, I'm excited to see how yours turns out with all the upgrades.
Need to start your own thread on this
but while your here no you can not put larger tires on a PDS cart with out upgrades, or you will see the smoke in the controller, the stock controller can not handle it for long
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:53 AM   #18
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Roger that.
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:08 PM   #19
greenmonster
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Jallen- I too have read the negatives of PDS with lifts and big tires.

I am certainly not an expert but I have a PDS cart with 23s, 8 inch lift, Alltrax 500 amp controller, upgraded diode, resistor, solenoid, 2 ga wire, and stock motor.

I ride slow 90% of the time on flat, sandy-loose, logging trails in NW Florida. Lately, the wife and I have been picking wild blackberries and blueberries and if you go too fast, you don't make too many pies & cobblers

I have not had any trouble- so count me as pro-PDS.

ScottyB is a good guy and always willing to help- sorry you got the wrong impression.
greenmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:15 PM   #20
jallen28145
Not Yet Wild

Sorry...I did ask for advice but I got what I thought was a smarta$$ reply so I was a smarta$$ too. I will look into changing it to series...didn know that was an option. I don't go offroad either though, this cart is a campground cruiser. Sorry ScottyB, I know you know your stuff. Will keep everyone posted with the direction I go.

Still haven't gotten an answer on the batts. Would the added strain from the lift and 25" tires cause them to discahrge faster??

Thanks again for all the advice, and again sorry Scotty.
jallen28145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO