lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2019, 07:06 AM   #41
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: how to figure amp draw

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevinom View Post
I don't mean to hijack this thread but it's the one that came closest to answering a similar question regarding amp draw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevinom View Post
So, i’ve learned alot the last few weeks about lithium batteries.
Firstly, the charger the seller got me was just a 48v, supposedly, lithium charger. Nothing fancy, looks Chinese-built.
Secondly, i was mistaken in the number of modules sold to me. The pack actually consists of 6 modules.
I KNOW this now because i purchased a BMS charger from the TecDirect website and went to install it, only to find i was missing 1 module.
So, I purchased another module, to make it 7 total, like in the picture. Which WOULD make it 14S. (Yes, i stand corrected, the S refers to the 2 internal batteries that are in series in a module. Technically there are 4 individual cells 2 in series and then merged in parallel, for a total of 7.4V nominal.)
After adding the new module to the pack and hooking it up to the BMS, the charger wont come on!!
Ive looked, but havent found any 56V, lithium chargers at reasonable rates.
I have taken off the extra module and ordered a dual-6S balance charger. Hopefully, it gets the job done.
Trevinom. I don't mean to be offensive, but you have in fact hijacked this thread. For me at least, it is a little difficult to follow exactly what you have at this point. I would recommend you start a new thread. Give an overview of what cart you have, what you have done, and pictures of your actual components. This will help us to guide you in how to proceed.

Multiple members have expressed concern with how you have gone about this. We are just trying to help, but it is difficult with the way you have posted information and pictures that are not your components.

Until then, here is a thread that is very informative and at different times talks about affordable chargers for lithium. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/all-t...hium-pack.html

I wish you luck with your build, and look forward to seeing the end result.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO