lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
rogerlizotte
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default '08 Club Car ignition/starting problem

My 08 CC ran great until a few hours ago. Just stopped on the road. The motor turns over the same as it always did. Just won't start. Has a new battery less then 6 weeks old. If I disconnect the fuel pump line at the carb and turn the motor over, gas will come from the line. If I loosen the bolt at the bottom of the carb bowl fuel will leak out. Won't start even with a bit of starting fluid. I can see a spark jump from the plug to the motor so I'm pretty sure I've got spark. Installed a new plug. No funny noises or anything unusual before it quit. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!
rogerlizotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: '08 Club Car ignition/starting problem

Well... you have battery, spark, and fuel to the carburetor... all things that are needed!

Try to start it, then pull the spark plug and see if it's wet with fuel,
If not... something's plugging up your carb!
I'm guessing that there's a chunk of gunk in the main jet, or in a port somewhere.
And I'm pretty sure you'll need to pull the carburetor off and give it a good cleaning!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:30 AM   #3
rogerlizotte
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: '08 Club Car ignition/starting problem

Thanks, I'll try that later this morning. I'm still concerned that it won't hit with a spray of starter fluid.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:58 AM   #4
rogerlizotte
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Red face Re: '08 Club Car ignition/starting problem**FIXED**

Thanks Lockman for your advice and to anyone else who viewed my post and thought about the problem.
My first thought when fixing something mechanical is to look for the simplest thing first, I very often stray from that first thought and panic, looking for something major as I did here. The whole problem was that the cable that runs from my carb to the governor arm came loose at the governor arm. Hooked it back up and all is well. Like the candy commercial said "sometimes you feel like a nut"....
Old 08-26-2012, 10:21 AM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: '08 Club Car ignition/starting problem**FIXED**

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerlizotte View Post
The whole problem was that the cable that runs from my carb to the governor arm came loose at the governor arm. Hooked it back up and all is well.
Now that's something I didn't expect! I'm glad you got it figured out!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car