lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #1
meisdug
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default brake adjuster issues

Hi, I have a 95 club car. The right rear brakes were sticking so I adjusted them. I'm now noticing that every time I press the brake pedal the automatic adjuster clicks once, making them tighter.

It doesn't take much pressure on the brake, I can make it click pressing with just my hand. So now, after pressing the brake about a dozen times the brakes have tightened up to where they are dragging again.

What is going on here? Can anyone offer advice to get the self adjuster to stop tightening so easily?

...and btw, I absolutely love this forum! I have learned so much and solved many problems just lurking on here.
meisdug is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2012, 04:01 AM   #2
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: brake adjuster issues

If there is no broken springs or any other broken retaining parts inside the brake hub, remove the brake cable, cables 'freeze up" and cause the same issue. Did the brake shoe start to come apart?
RSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:09 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I have seen the 'overactive' adjuster problem too. Mostly on Club Car but Yamaha and Ezgo are not completely immune to it. The only solution I have found is to replace the crazed adjuster.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #4
meisdug
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the responses guys.

There are no broken parts in the hub and the cable moves freely. The shoes are not coming apart. They are in decent condition, a bit worn, but decent.

Unless there are any other ideas, I guess I'll go the replacement route.

Thanks again for your help.
meisdug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:28 AM   #5
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I wish I could give you more advise but without having the cart I`m at a loss, I would need to see it to tell whats happening, :(
RSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car