lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #11
SC Carts
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: carryall 294 project (gas)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernon_hill View Post
ok, i am tracking. I will check for that. The intake is really somewhat limited on ths motor. Straight from the air filter to the carb. there is one strange port on the right side of the carb that has a piece of what looks like vaccumn hose on it. It comes off the carb, hits a T and there are plugs in both ends of the T. Well they look like plugs, but the whole thing leaks like a siv. Not sure what it is. Doesnt seem to make any difference if it is plugged or open.

on a different topic when i pull the belt cover off of the drive/driven pulleys i noticed that both are spinning all the time the motor is running, even when i choke it to an idle. Is this normal? I would assume that the driven should only spin as the throttle comes up. I am thinking this is why i can't get it into gear without it grinding.
You may have a vacum leak and that could very well be your cause.

The secondary clutch should not be spinning, but this is all tied to your over idle issue, with higher rpm the clutches open and that engages secondary clutch, so find out what is causing your high idle and your engagement issue should be resolved.
SC Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2013, 06:41 AM   #12
vernon_hill
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

well, i took a look at the secondary clutch last night and found one of the little pieces that is supposed to flop back and forth was locked up. I took it apart and fixed it up a little and now it works good again. I am curious though about the best way to clean it. the hole thing is packed with what looks like brake dust. I have not put the spring back on yet beasause I want to get it cleaned out first.
vernon_hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:49 AM   #13
vernon_hill
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

where would the most likely spot be to look for a vacumn leak? I pulled the front cover off of the motor and cleaned the thing that spins that causes the spark thinking that the timiming could be off some how because when i rev it up with the throttle it spits and sputters and sometimes backfires.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_2738[1].jpg (173.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_2737[1].jpg (157.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-28-2013, 06:50 AM   #14
vernon_hill
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

here are some pics
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car