lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2013, 08:10 AM   #1
bowronde
Not Yet Wild

Talking speed mod-pulley swap 87 CC

Can you just swap the pulley on the engine and get a little bit more speed out of your cart without having to do any major mechanical changes. This is how we always started with racing mowers and with that mod you can get them up to 50+ mph.
bowronde is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2013, 06:10 AM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: speed mod-pulley swap 87 CC

Welcome aboard!

I've never heard of anyone here doing that.

The only pulleys on the engine are between the clutch and the starter generator, and I'm 95% sure that changing them isn't going to affect anything.

If you're thinking of the clutches as pulleys, you definitely can't swap them. The rear (driven) clutch is a keyway mount and the front (drive) clutch is a press-fit. You can get upgrade springs for both clutches and have them machined, but you're not going to get anywhere near 50mph with the stock motor unless you're going down a long, steep hill in neutral...

I had my rear clutch upgraded with the spring and machine work, and my '87 cart tops out at 22mph. Fast enough for me.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car