lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2013, 11:45 AM   #11
etech
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: How hot is too hot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRP View Post
Hey Ed!

That's what I'm looking for. Excellent. I will order up the parts and install the head temp sensor this next coming week.

Thanks!
Ted
Ted, This is the one I used.

http://www.amazon.com/Sunpro-CP8211-StyleLine-Electrical-Temperature/dp/B000FJS4MW/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1370018557&sr=1-2&keywords=sunpro+water+temp+gauge http://www.amazon.com/Sunpro-CP8211-StyleLine-Electrical-Temperature/dp/B000FJS4MW/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1370018557&sr=1-2&keywords=sunpro+water+temp+gauge

Ed
etech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2013, 11:51 AM   #12
TRP
Gone Wild

Excellent. It looks like it comes with the sending unit and the bracket. Is that the case?

Ted
TRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:07 PM   #13
etech
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Excellent. It looks like it comes with the sending unit and the bracket. Is that the case?

Ted
Yes
Old 06-03-2013, 06:03 AM   #14
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

So what do you do if it is running hot? Assuming you already took the time to blow out the fan area and make sure it's not full of dust/dirt/whatever than what do you do if it's running hot?

They all run hot in the summer. They area air cooled and sit in an area that doesn't get a whole lot of air moving through it so they rely on that little fan as their only source of cooling.
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:11 AM   #15
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

One thing I thought about over the weekend was to cut a hole in the front of the body, on the passenger side of the shifter, put a screen over it and mount a small electric fan there at/in the hole to pull air into the engine compartment. But I would want to do some math homework in order to not put a strain on the charging system. I'd probably look into some kind of temp switch to turn it of and on. Just some random thoughts.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #16
TRP
Gone Wild

I received the gauge yesterday. I will install it tonight.

What do I do if it's running hot? - Stop running it :)

Now, I need to determine what is the 'standard operating temperature' for an 1988 club car. :) From what I understand 180-210 is a good starting point.

Without a baseline - all the data in the world has very little meaning. I like the fan idea.

T
Old 06-06-2013, 08:37 AM   #17
etech
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I received the gauge yesterday. I will install it tonight.

What do I do if it's running hot? - Stop running it :)

Now, I need to determine what is the 'standard operating temperature' for an 1988 club car. :) From what I understand 180-210 is a good starting point.

Without a baseline - all the data in the world has very little meaning. I like the fan idea.

T
My Precedent FE350 typically runs in the 180 - 210 degree range. I guess you need to see what range your engine CHT runs at before you can devise a plan.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:07 AM   #18
etech
Not Yet Wild

Hi Ted,

So we are all waiting to find out what the head temperature is running?

Ed
Old 06-10-2013, 11:08 AM   #19
TRP
Gone Wild

180 - 210 -- depending on what I'm doing. :)

I used it this weekend when we were running the Mountain Course at the gun club. Once I saw it creep above 230 after a long haul up the mountain. The cart was loaded down with 3 people and it was about 85 degrees out.

So - it turns out I was worried about nothing really. I will say, it sure is nice to have that piece of mind.

T
Old 06-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #20
etech
Not Yet Wild

Hi Ted,

Yes, your CH temp seems to be pretty normal to me.

Ed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car