lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2013, 09:30 PM   #1
northerndoc
Not Yet Wild

Default No start 87 club car... Stumped.

Have an 87 that, while old has alway run well. The other day though, drove it down to the barn, after a few minutes, went to leave- nothing,,, just the "click" noise of the pedal depressing and releasing the switches. Was able to cross the big posts on the solenoid and turn it over. Figured starter solenoid went bad- ordered new one, installed- same thing. If I cross small posts, solenoid clicks over, cart turns over. Still nothing from pedal. At a dead end. Tried bypassing some of the micros, but no luck. I know it's old and I should probably get something newer, but need to get this one running right now. Thoughts/help greatly appreciated.
northerndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2013, 06:05 PM   #2
northerndoc
Not Yet Wild

Anyone?...
northerndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:01 AM   #3
carguybill
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: No start 87 club car... Stumped.

I had a similar scenario and found that my ignition switch had a broken terminal, but in my case I had just had the dash open. You might check that you are getting 12v out of the switch when on.

I've also had bad contact issues at the micro switches - including the neutral lockout micro switch. I pulled the wires sprayed the male terminals on the switches and female terminals with electrical contact cleaner, put the wires back on the switches and gave them a good in and out to help clean the contacts.

Good luck. Let us know what you finally find.
carguybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car