lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
Waverider969
Gone Wild

Default Need photos of pre 2000 DS front roof strut hard wear bolts.

Ok this Is kind of stupid of me but in the process of taking my cart apart to paint and add lift kit And a rear seat I misplaced and kind of forgot what bolts are used to attach the front struts to body for the roof support. This is for a 1994 DS. I know it bolts in front four holes (two per side) but have no idea what those pieces looked like. It's been a long journey getting everything installed and after seeng more bolts and nuts then I care too I lost track what goes where for the last step (also the first step) to put roof on.

If anyone can volunteer a photo of the front bolts or size and type of them so I can buy some new ones if I can't located in my pile of random left over bolts.
I can't recall if there was a bolt and nut combo on the ones that sit toward front of hood or if it just screwed into frame.
Waverider969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Re: Need photos of pre 2000 DS front roof strut hard wear bolts.

I don't have a pic handy, but on the "U" shaped aluminum front roof support for the pre 2000.5 DS the bolts that go through the tabs that actually rest on the plastic body are a Philips head bolt that just screws into a tapped place on the frame. The two "L" brackets off of the main piece that rest on the front cowl trim ring have bolts that have a 1/2" head that goes through them and the trim ring and a locknut and flat washer that go on the bolt up under the top lip of the dash. This is all IIRC - hope it helps!
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:29 PM   #3
Waverider969
Gone Wild

Thank you so much. That's the info I've been looking for.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:59 PM   #4
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #5
scotter
Gone Wild

Club Car

Screw 5/16" -18 x 1.0" Truss head is the size for the canopy frame to body. The canopy frame braces that bolt to the cowl trim uses a 5/16"-18 x 1.0" Carriage bolt, 5/16" flat washer Type A, and a nylon lock nut. Hope this helps.
scotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:16 PM   #6
lance_214
Rode hard, put up wet!

Club Car

Wave...I just took my 99 CC apart and repainted it...I changed all of the bolts to brand new ones...I went to Wal-Mart and picked up one of those multi screw/nut/washer plastic combo sets and was able to replace every nut and bolt..just a thought since you have new paint, why add the old screws...that was my reasoning anyway.
lance_214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:44 AM   #7
Waverider969
Gone Wild

Thanks guys! Yeag great idea on new bolts. Ill go check Walmart. You recall what that pack looked like and what you had to use for there.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #8
lance_214
Rode hard, put up wet!

Club Car

I just went and got mine...its Value Assortment #9536, Hex Bolts 176 pc total. Made by Symmetry. You should have enough bolts, nuts, washers and lock washers to replace all your bolts. The only ones I have left factory are the screws holding the rear cover over the motor and the special screws with the square recess on the rear strut. Hope that helps ya!
Old 07-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #9
Waverider969
Gone Wild

I'm wondering if Id be better off to replace with stainless steel hardware at this point especially the Allen head bolts.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #10
lance_214
Rode hard, put up wet!

Club Car

Basically depends on how much money you want to spend. I went with the cheaper set but my carts not out in the elements. When I wash it I dry it off so its all a matter of money. Good luck with whatever you decide but you can't go wrong replacing them which ever it is!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car