lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2021, 09:52 AM   #11
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: Backfire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Lol. Come on now, you have been around here forever, just like me. You know more than you let on!

Oops, time for me to put my tin hat on and duck!
You would be surprised at how much I don't know.
StoveBolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2021, 10:22 AM   #12
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
I had a surging problem once. it was an adjustment on the linkage that runs in front of the timing cover. It has a little piece of cable in the middle of it and has to have a little slack in in (droop a little).
If his cart is a 2003 then it don't have these rods across the timing cover StoveBolt.
I am wondering if maybe his throttle cable is pinched and not letting it open and close correct.
trig123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 10:29 AM   #13
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Hmmmm. I dont think we actually have been told what year it is yet, so we are making a few assumptions regardless Trig.

Stovebolt, you dont think it is not what you dont know, but maybe just forgotten? I do stuff like that all the time these days

OOPS, I just realised it is all in his signature LOL. See what i mean Stovebolt!!!!
Cartmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 01:45 PM   #14
Texas001
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Smile Re: Backfire!

I didn't mention the year because I have all the info about the cart at the bottom of my post.

I thought I better give some closing remarks to this problem. Hate it when someone posts a problem and I never find out what the solution was.

Okay, here is what I did based on some good advice from "the gang". I opened my old carburetor and cleaned it with come carburetor spray. Nothing much inside except a small amount of settlement. Washed that clean. Took the float and needle out and checked it over. The small spring in the needle was free to move easily. I squirted the carb cleaner in all the orifices and then blew thru and to be sure. Checked the spring on the throttle and it moved freely and would snap back to closed. All seemed proper, well, who am I to say that when I don't know squat about a carburetor although I must say these carburetors are simple to say the least. Then I pulled the new china virus, I mean carburetor off and replaced it with the old carb. Before I installed the air cleaner and filter I did a start try. I could not see if the throttle butterfly was doing, just could not get my head in that space. Anyway, it spun a while while the fuel pump was filling the carburetor bowl. Choking it and not getting even any sputter. Got out the trusty starter fluid and one squirt and it fired up and then quickly died. Cranked some more and started sputtering and then fired up. BUT then it backfired three or four times out the carburetor. Got over that shock and cranked it again and it started up and holding it in neutral revved it up some and it sputtered and spit a few times and then started running smooth. Put the air filter on and drove down the street. Tried my best to make it backfire like it had before and could not. So there you have it. Fixed. As I mentioned in one of my posts the reason I replaced the carb in the first place was because I was driving down the street and it quit and I got it started by holding the choke out and had to drive all the way home with the choke. I guess there just might have been something in the carb that stopped up something, I don't know. Now looks like I am good to go and now I know how to clean a carburetor. I thought that the carburetor was going to be like a car carburetor with a hundred pieces. Thanks for all the comments and especially the good help. Back running the streets.
Texas001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO