lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2021, 12:04 PM   #1
tydybob@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Default Replacing drive clutch or engine swap

I have a 2007 EZGO St 4x4.
The drive clutch broke, and I need to replace it I can get a new one for $1,200, but I don't want to put that kind of money into it since it still needs brakes control arm bushings tires and the list goes on.
So I need to find out if there's a different clutch that will fit the 18.5 horsepower Honda engine that is on it. I was told I couldn't get any parts for it, but I have found a lift kit that will fit it I have found u-joints that will fit it. So my thought is surely somebody knows of a clutch that will fit it that's not costing more than the ez-go with worth. I was hoping to find an upgrade for it that would make it go faster and pull better in the mud holes. Also wonder if it might just be easier and simpler to do an engine swap if I can find a different engine any information would be helpful thank you.
tydybob@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2021, 09:53 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Replacing drive clutch or engine swap

Who quoted you $1200 for a clutch?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 09:24 PM   #3
tydybob@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Dealership
Old 08-07-2021, 11:19 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Is this a Honda Vtwin engine? If so, it should be a 1" straight crank, a clutch is less than $300. Maybe 2 hours labor, that's $500 by my book. I think I'd find another dealer.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 07:28 AM   #5
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

slonomo, not sure where you see these for $300 but I don't. Part # 628658 $1,149.02
I ordered one a while back for a local hunting lodge and paid that much. Their mechanic installed it .

They have a limited amount of parts for that clutch. Not sure what's broke but you can go to their webpage and see .

Country Cat dealer has them in stock as of today.

The hunting lodge mechanic had looked for several weeks trying to find one and I talked him into just getting the thing back in service. They are happy. These are nice with the 4x4 . Think inflation lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo clutch with Honda.jpg (72.8 KB, 0 views)
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 12:48 PM   #6
tydybob@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

I took the drive clutch off of a 2014 Polaris and put on this machine by using the clutch mechanism and the old shaft from the original drive clutch. (The 2008 St 4x4)
It goes in forward smoothly and does really good but it's grinding in reverse which is what it was doing when the first clutch got broke can't figure it out need help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO