lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2010, 03:40 PM   #1
duckbill
Not Yet Wild

Default Factory idle needle settings for B&S 23hp 2 barrell carb

I have a 2008 23hp Vanguard engine with the factory two barrell carb. There are two idle needles (with the black slightly adjustable caps). I have been doing some tinkering with the engine and, in the process, removed the tab on the black caps so that I could adjust those idle needles at my own free will. Now I want to get the two jets back to the factory setting. Does anyone know how many turns out each needle should be from being screwed all the way in? Thanks for any info. First time poster. Love this forum.
duckbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2010, 09:39 PM   #2
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Default Re: Factory idle jet settings for B&S 23hp 2 barrell carb

The initial setting is, lightly seat both needles then back them out 3/4 of a turn.. This should let the engine run.. The final adjustment must be made with the air cleaner completely installed.. Warm up the engine, set the idle speed to 1200 RPM, back each needle out slowly until you get a rich misfire, slowly turn it in until the misfire clears up..

Read thru this thread for some more tuning tricks..

Carb Tuning Vanguard 23
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:48 PM   #3
duckbill
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info. Got any tips on setting the governed idle spring on the back of the motor?
duckbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:16 AM   #4
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

The Briggs service manual has the procedure for setting the governed idle.. All the governor components have been removed from the Vanny in my cart.. The CPP Vanguard kits also have the governor removed from the engine, the engines are modified to use the cart's speed governor in the rear axle..

Get a copy of the service manual, it will be the best money you'll spend on that engine..

Vanguard Service Manual
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!