lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2013, 01:53 AM   #21
Uknowme8
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: loading ramp

I have one that folds in half sideways it's about 6'long all square tubed Aluminum. With built in tethers. Works great. Bought it form a Motorsports dealer.
Uknowme8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2013, 06:54 AM   #22
Springlake
I Believe !!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhill View Post
black folding ramps from tractor supply.
Roger on the folding. Good set up! I started with the boards and like Crash said thats tricky and you have to haul those heavy 2x12's. FOLD and GO, thats the ticket!
Springlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:00 AM   #23
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

CTD,
Re-read my comment; my 2X12's were sawed from a 9' log. Convention is that the thickness, then width of a board comes first, and in the US is assumed to be measured in inches. So, my 2X12 is 2" thick by 12" wide. Length of a board comes last and is 9' in my case.

My truck is a 3/4-ton Dodge 2WD that's about 33" high at the tailgate. I wouldn't want my ramps to be any shorter, in fact I have to hit them at a slight run to make it anyway, especially if any dampness is involved.

Big note of caution for everyone: Check your tailgate support cables and replace them if the plastic sheath is cracked and/or the cable is rusty. I neglected that and had to take it to a body shop to get the tailgate straightened out. It never did work quite right after that. If your truck uses links instead of cables, you can ignore this advice.

May have to look into those folding ramps at TSC. The 2X12's are a bit heavy and they have to stick out the back of the truck.
jdunmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #24
JK Fab
Getting Wild

I use these to load up my cart in my F250 all the time.

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/rrr-bw-12012-2
JK Fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #25
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunmyer View Post
CTD,
Re-read my comment; my 2X12's were sawed from a 9' log. Convention is that the thickness, then width of a board comes first, and in the US is assumed to be measured in inches. So, my 2X12 is 2" thick by 12" wide. Length of a board comes last and is 9' in my case.
just funin ya ... the 2x12's reads 2 x 12'(foot)s sawed from a 9'(foot)log
Old 05-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #26
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

CTD,
I knew you were just yankin' my chain, and I could see how you [deliberately] mis-interpreted the 2X12's as being 12' long. It's probably because Florida doesn't have trees that you could get a 2X12 out of, so you've never seen one.

At least, I've never seen a tree that large when we've visited Florida.

The thread has been enlightening, however; I'm going to investigate those folding ramps at TSC. Can anyone tell me how long they are when unfolded?
Old 05-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #27
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had used the wooden ones with the aluminum ends you bolt to them for years because of how cheap they were to make, but I hated how heavy they were and how much flex they had. Always a pain to carry around and very little traction on the wood board. Last time I used them I heard a little crack half way up and said no more!

Just bought a set of 7.5' aluminum ramps from Lowes for less than $160 and I love 'em. Wish I had spent the money sooner. They are rounded insteal of straight so you wont bottom out anything going up, there rated for 1500lbs, have the straps that keep them from moving while in use and fold in half so I can throw them in the truck when I get to woods with no worries of them getting stolen. Invest in a good set and you'll use them forever and for more than the cart. Lawn mowers, dirt bikes, street bikes, etc

Sent via TapaTalk
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #28
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunmyer View Post
I'm going to investigate those folding ramps at TSC. Can anyone tell me how long they are when unfolded?

Load capacity of 1,500 lb. (pair)
12 in. wide
90 in. long (7.5')
Sold as a pair
Old 05-05-2013, 07:07 PM   #29
rockhill
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

these are the ones I mentioned, $62 each ($124 a pair)

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/stor...e-fold-up-ramp
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ramps.jpg (5.1 KB, 0 views)
rockhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #30
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I like the capacity rating and the fact that those ramps fold, but it sure seems like they're going to be steep, at only 7.5' long.

Am gonna have to think this over.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car