lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
ezgochuck
Not Yet Wild

Default help with robin carb. settings

I have a Robin two stroke in my cart did a rebuild on it over the winter came out good but it will pop back on down hill runs . Is this the carb settings or something else. The engine was what was gone thru over the winter ,carb looked good was very clean had to adjust very little to make it clean out and run on start up but not sure where it should be set , any help would be great thanks
ezgochuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: help with robin carb. settings

There is only one adjustment on the BV18 carburetor and that is the low speed bypass screw. This is the horizontal screw that points to the front and is held on place with a small lock nut. The accepted procedure is to undo the lock nut and gently wind the screw all the way in, then wind it out 2 complete turns and take the cart for a run. Now turn the screw in 1/2 a turn and see if it feels better. Keep adjusting in or out by 1/2 a turn until you hit the sweet spot, then tighten the lock nut.

This will actually have nothing to do with your problem which is a combination of butterfly position and throttle microswitch. However without the small spring on the throttle cable next to the carburetor level nothing can be done.

Confirm that this is there and we can adjust your cart to eliminate that popping. If it is not there then do not panic, typically you can use the spring out of a ball point pen.

Report back and we can continue.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:07 PM   #3
ezgochuck
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Dave I was looking at the carb tonight and thought it looked easy to set just had not got around to working on it , have a long list of other things to do first to it. Poor old girl has had a ruff life until the last year or so when I saved her from the scrap yard for 50 bucks at that time it had a head gasket blown simple repair but I knew it was not a cure as the jug was weak so this last winter I pulled the engine and rebuilt it. What a fun snow day job took about 3 hours to do and about two hours to put back in the cart . Thanks for your help.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:19 PM   #4
ezgochuck
Not Yet Wild

Dave had time tonite to set the carb on my ol robin she runs like a top thanks so much
Old 05-22-2012, 05:28 AM   #5
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

The pleasure was all mine ezgochuck, enjoy the cart.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO