lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2014, 07:15 PM   #1
robbiescd
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default 1994 EZ Go Robin EH29C Not running

Hi all! This is a great forum and have learned a ton of stuff from this site. I recently had someone bring me a 1994 Gas EZ Go. I've worked on several club cars, so this one is new to me.

The gentleman said that it just won't run. Here is what I've done so far.

1. Removed and cleaned carburetor
2. Replaced Spark Plugs
3. Check fire on spark plugs (plug spark plug to wires, ground and see sparks.....sometimes.)
4. Checked timing belt to see if off or broken (unable to check timing as I would need to remove motor and clutch...don't want to have to do that!)
5. Checked valve tappets and set to spec. .004.
6. Checked fuel pump.

I'm at a loss on this. I can spray starting fluid directly into carb and get nothing. I don't know much about the starter pack. There is a white and red wire coming from solenoid to starter pack. Checking voltage on red wire, I get about 10v after pressing accelerator and about .8v on white wire.

I'm at a complete loss as to what to do next. It won't hit a lick, just turns over.

I am getting fuel to the spark plugs. They are wet after checking them. Also, I've noticed that the spark plugs seem to fire, but not all the time. Most of the time they fire, but I have seen an instance when I was checking them and I got no spark from the plugs.

Completely puzzled on this one. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
robbiescd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2014, 10:43 AM   #2
jeffrun
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1994 EZ Go Robin EH29C Not running

Robb , that 10V reading is low,want get much fire from coil. Make sure your batt. is charged up good and reading 12.6V . Make sure your grounds and battery terminals are clean. You should be reading around 11-12V when cranking at that point. If all that checks, start troubleshooting at fuse ,ign sw.,pedal sw.
jeffrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:15 PM   #3
robbiescd
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks for reply. I put battery on charge last night and checked this morning. Same readings. Spoke with a service manager at an EZGO dealership and he says everything is point towards a bad ignitor.

Spoke with customer and I guess I'm going to order a new one and see if that fixes the problem. Just a costly "shot in the dark".
Old 05-19-2014, 07:39 PM   #4
robbiescd
Getting Wild
Club Car

Installed a new igniter and no change!!!!!

Pls Help! Any other advice would be appreciated!

I have also checked all wiring, ohms for all wires, can't find anything!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO